Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Multiple Users to a PORTAL Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on Netweaver Portal 7.0. LDAP used to sync with R/3.

Task is to assign PORTAL group to multiple users in PORTAL. Unable to find option where users can be assigned to the PORTAL group at one go. I have user administration rights.

Have not been able to find a solution after much search, might have a wrong search string ... still searching.

I hope this is the correct forum.

- Avinash

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Instead of assigning the multiple users to a portal user group, you can search for the user group in portal and then add the users to that user group.

1.Select search criteria as Group

2.Enter the portal user group & select it

3.Select the Assigned users tab

4.Click Modify

5.Enter the userid to be added and click Go

6.Select the user and click Add at the bottom

7.Click Save to save the assignment.

8.Users will now be assigned to the right group on portal.

Thanks,

Saby..

0 Kudos

Saby,

This still requries that the users be added one-by-one to the PORTAL group.

Also, I noticed that when I modify the group and search for a user from within it, I get no users !!!!

Not sure why.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

sir ,

which role is required for adding  a user to Group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will be easier if you follow any naming conventions for your user ids. In the user administration search for the group to which you want to add the users. Open the group and click on modify. Now navigate to tab assign users, and search the users by naming convention like AXZ* and select all of them and click on add.

You can also search for all users using * and add them to the group.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

0 Kudos

Gowrinadh,

The search results are huge and cannot be displayed. I would believe more time would be spent using this method than actually adding the users one-by-one.

Any other suggestions?

Regards,

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Figured it out.

0 Kudos

>

> Figured it out.

Would you care to share the technique you used?

0 Kudos

Got the ABAP'er to write an upload program, plain excel & the import functionality.

0 Kudos

Thanks, shame there wasn't a standard function. I suppose it won't be included in a future release as recommendation will be to use IdM for that.

0 Kudos

Actually there is something that you can do and I have been doing for sometime..

In User Administration tab -> Identity Management -> Put search Criteria as Group and then export it to say a .txt file.

Add the additional user ids in this .txt file and then go to Import tab and upload it.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the tip Nishant.