cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

communication channel logging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of our communication channels seemed to have some issues during the night. In the RWB/Communication channel monitoring there is a log of the last minutes (polling every 60s), but is there somewhere a bigger log?

Best regards,

Nicolas De Corte

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Nicolas

This sounds like a problem with a File/JDBC Sender adapter. As there is no message ID created there will be no Audit Log.

Check the defaultTrace.trc log file. This is located in the installation directory - /usr/.....

Use the name of the Communication Channel (e.g. CC_File_Sender or whatever it is called) and search the defaultTrace for any errors relating to this CC.

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

that's what i needed, thanks a lot!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Runtime work bench select message monitoring. Select message from component is adapter engine.Do the search for as your required time and date.Select the require message and see the error in details tab.

Regards,

Prakasu.M

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

There is one more aspect where you can analyse the error with connunication channel is (RWB).You jus need to select the communication channel in communication channel monitoring .,then you will find the corresponding Message ID for the message that has been processed by that communication channel. Double cick on the MESAGE ID and select AUDIT LOG.

This will give you details about the status of the messsage from the Adapter level processing to Devlivery of the same message to INTEGRATION ENGINE to process furthur.

Hope this leave some clue of what went wrong in your case.

Can you plese check wether the AVAILABILTY TIMES deatails have been specified according to your requirement(Time,Number of rows) etc.,

Thanks,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

Thanks for the reply, but as stated before, there is no message, so there is also no "MESSAGE ID"....

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

Even there is no message ID it should show the errors with communication channel in the same wizard.

Thanks,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When there's no data, the message id is just a text string, and not a link, so I can't click on it for further detail.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

-->Your Communication channel is active and continously pinging the directory which you specified in you Channel.

-->In Audit log we can see the logging.

-->Click on the Message ID so in that u can se the Audit log.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is not every time a message.

The communication channel is polling every 60s, but only once an hour or so there is data. And when there's no data, there's no audit log.

Last night, data was available, but the communication channel didn't pick it up. Therefore, I would like to see the log of the whole night.

br.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nic

-->In the Communication Channel Monitoring itself u can find the Explanation of the error.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pavan,

indeed, but I can only see the log of the last half hour or so (because the channel polls every 60s), and I think the problem occurred several hours ago.

What I need is the log in the communication channel, but for a longer period.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nic

-->After clicking on Communication channel monitoring a screen arises in that we have a tab like AVAILABILITY TIMES click on that change the date and visible rows.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't seem to have that tab... only "Availability Time Planning", but that's for scheduling communication channels.

Are you talking about XI 3.0?