cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maximum order quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

My client would like to limit the Quantity field in Sales Order based on Material No.

Example:If Item A being chosen, the maximum limit to order is 5.. so anything more than 5 system won't allow it.

Plesase help .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

use this User Exit for ur requirement.USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAK,

Regards

Kedasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear raja Sekhar,

For maximum quantity there is no standard provision in SAP.

For minimum quantity you check the following:

1) In the material master record -- in the sales organization - 1 view --minimu order quantity and minimum delivery quantity is there.Whatever quantity you will give here, than if you are creating order or delivery for this material than it will give warning message.

2) chekc VOV7 -- Item catergory. Slect your item catergory and see the firl order qty = 1.

You work with your abaper for maximum quantity.

Regards

Ashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

N Raja Sekhar,

I Think you need ABAPER's 's help in using User Exit or check the Routine or you will have to go for Z programming

Note: In Item Category we have check order qty =1, just check whether you can modify it with help of Abaper

Regards

Sathya

former_member315051
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To my knowledge In standard you can maintain minimum order qty and minimum delivery qty in Material master sales org 1 View.

Check with ABAPer for User exit to solve your requirement (MV45AFZZ)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please explan more detail

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

There is no standard setting to restrict for Maximum quantity.

Take help of abaper as him to code in the USER exit as suggested, for the Material and Quanityt Combination.

Thanks,

Raja

former_member315051
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you maintain Minimimum order qty as 5 in Material master then in sales order you can only create with 5 and more than 5 (should not allow to create less than 5 , gives warning message).

So for your requirement co ordinate with your ABAPer

Edited by: Ramesh on Apr 28, 2009 8:44 AM

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rajasekar

This has to be done thro ABAP development

In MMR there is a minimum qty field if you enter anything less then system will throw warning (which you can change to error thro customizing in OVAH)

Similarly In MMR you need to develop Maximum qty field and if any thing more than the qty mentioned is ordered then thet system should throw message thro ABAP

Note the item category settings check the order qty = 1 (the program is set for checking equal qty)

If the set this to order qty = 5 thro ABAP then you cannot order even 4

I beleive your requirement is for not to order more but you can order less qty

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Apr 28, 2009 12:21 PM