Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queries on Invoice correction & PGI

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Pls help me with the below scenarios

1) Can 'invoice correction request' be used to change the date in the invoice document?

2) If we do PGI cancellation,do we need to create a new delivery document or we shall use the existing delivery documnet?

3) Based on customer's PO, we create sale order, delivery & billing documents(say it happens in the year end and the sales team wants this to be accounted as a sale). The customer now requests to send the materials after 2 days. How shall I proceed in this scenario ? What are the problems I will face from the accounting & MM departments ?

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,

Sivarajesh. J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sivarajesh,

1. Can 'invoice correction request' be used to change the date in the invoice document?

NO, it is used for correcting quantity or price if wrong proces and qty has been calculated for customer. This process is similar to credit memo processing. This process is also used in complaints processing.

We create Invoice correction with reference to invoice. You can't change date of invoice.

Check the link below

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/dd/55fede545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm]

2.If we do PGI cancellation,do we need to create a new delivery document or we shall use the existing delivery documnet?

Yes, you need to create a new delivery document afresh so that clarity will be ther in your process.

3. Based on customer's PO, we create sale order, delivery & billing documents(say it happens in the year end and the sales team wants this to be accounted as a sale). The customer now requests to send the materials after 2 days. How shall I proceed in this scenario ? What are the problems I will face from the accounting & MM departments ?

This totally depends on the customer requirement, if he wants to show it as this year sale (say within 2009) and do PGI on 2nd January and proceed with Billing and releasing it to accounts. The moment the values hit G/L account it is accounted for sale. Either way we can do it you need to ask customer requirement.

Regards

Sathya

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks friends..The inputs were helpful.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Will have to test it and confirm

2) Before reversing PGI, if you have cancelled the excise invoice and billing document, then in that case, you have to delete the delivery also due to the fact that against for the same delivery document reference, you cannot generate excise invoice

3) You can generate billing but only if Accounting Document is generated, it will be treated as sales. So it is upto the client's discretion whether to generate billing / accounting document in the year end

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ans : After PGI reversal you can use same Delivery Doc

And: i guess by Billing correction you can also change the date

And: You have to invoice that sale in current year and GI date you can keep in next year.

Thanks,

Raja