cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Events not being delivered

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a workflow in Production where the event is not being delivered. I can see the event in SWEQBROWSER and I can deliver it manually but I shouldn't have to do that. Batch job SWEQSRV seems to be running correctly in the background.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

John Welch

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Did u check the Tcode - "SWF_XI_CUSTOMIZING" and make sure that everything is green here.

Other quick views are-

1) Cache Refresh- SXI_CACHE - Return code should be 0

2) SWWL entry- Is there any enrty for Errored/Started status for the BPM

I think , green status in tcode - SWF_XI_CUSTOMIZING will probably solve your problem.

Hope this helps,

Pls acknowledge

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

Thanks for your reply.

I do not have tcode SWF_XI_CUSTOMIZING. I did run SWU3 to verify the configuration.

What happened is that they were testing some failover systems and suddenly at least one workflow that uses the event queue is not being started. I see them in the queue with status READY, but for some reason RSWEQSRV does not seem to be processing them.

Thanks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well THAT was painful...

Since this was in production, it was critical that I find a solution now. 1.5 hours sleep doesn't help the debugging process and I didn't have debug update access in production so I couldn't really see what was going on this morning.

Because this is a critical production problem, my boss wanted me to write a program to deliver the events like tcode SWEQBROWSER does. This would work but it would be extremely messy. I finished the program in a few hours, and then they finally allowed me to debug in production with update capabilities.

When I debugged RSWEQSRV I saw that it was failing on the ENQUEUE of the report. A quick check in SM13 revealed a couple of lock entries left over from our failover testing. When RSWEQSRV encounters an error it doesn't bother with error messages, it just exits. It saw the lock entries and figured there was already a copy of the program running so it didn't bother to do anything.

Thanks for your help. I just thought I would document the solution in case anyone else runs into it.

One other clue, when you display the background job (SWEQSRV) there should only be ONE job in finished status and ONE in released status. In my case, the jobs weren't getting deleted.

I hope this helps somebody...

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hey John,

If you would so be kind you could help us all even more by reporting in to SAP via a problem message that RSWEQSRV doesn't handle errors correctly.

Give them the whole spiel on how much effort this cost you to sort out when a couple of decent error messages could have at least quickly clarified what was going on.

Hopefully then we will get a fix so no other poor soul has to go through what you went through.

Regards,

Jocelyn