cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimations in sapxi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can any one help me how the estimations for a project can be done in SAP XI. What method can be used for this.

Please help me in this..

Regards,

Amruth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member732072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amruth,

Please have a look at this link

Best regards

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

-->It mainly depends upon the how many interfaces which we created.After that the mappings etc come into picture.

-->Interfaces is like a bridge which are used to transform the data between the systems.

thanks

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amruth,

Adding to the above points there is one more aspect we need to consider while estimating the project.

The type of integration that is required in the customer busines landscape.The cost depends on wether its A2A or B2B because

1. B2B involves the support of Thrid party adapters to deal with EDI integration that costs more .

2. We will need few more third party adapters like iway adapters are required to ingtegrate with other ERPs like Peoplesoft etc.,

Thanks,

Ram.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

effort Estimation or time estimation depend on

1)How many interfaces you have to develop.??

2)If it is migration which are the things you can re-use from existing middleware.

3)SAP XI Standard adapter wl enough to integrate or hav to develop new modules.

4)What the mapping complexity,Mapping Logic simple then we can finish development short time

5)What client process,like my client we have to maintain 8 documents for each and every interfaces its taking more time to prepare documentation than dev.

6)Then finally solution architech should design the proejct such a way that we can re-sue mapping in all interfaces.

7)Its A2A or b2b integration ,normally B2B integration projects wl take more time to implement.

Regards,

Raj

jagesh_lakdawala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amruth,

It depends on many points but here i am listing few of them.

(1)No of Interfaces within a project

(2)Cosider the complexity of the interfaces in terms of Design and Configuration objects

(3)Is BPM required?

(4)SLD Configuration

(5)Required infrastructure like driver installation, Landsacpe installation, etc..

(6)Interface Design flow.

Thanks

Regards

Jagesh

0 Kudos

Hi,

in SAP XI, the complexity of the project is directly proportional to the complexity of mapping objects.

Regards

Venkat

former_member732072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amruth,

Please have a look at the following link and see if it helps

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

mostly depends on the how complex the mapping is