cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in smartform priting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How can i display the texts in the maindow one on left side and other on right side. such as below

text1 .......................................... text2..............................................................................

text1.......................................... text2.............................................................................

text1........................................... text2............................................................................

text1............................................. text2.............................................................................

text1............................................ text2..........................................................................

There are no conditions and no limited place.

Please help me?

Thanks,

Vamshi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No Probs take a template and place it in a loop...

Regards,

Vijaya Lakshmi.T

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks a lot. My problem solved.

Though all your solutions can work, but i followed by creating template.

Thanks,

Vamshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The no. of texts you want to display is fixed? or dynamic?

if fixed then u simply create template in main window with required no.of lines in template.

Create two columns in each line and display your text in that columns.In output options tab of each text dont forget to give line & column no. for proper output alignment.

If no.of texts are dynamic try with table node in main window.

create table line with two columns.

assign this table line in main area of table -> cells equal to columns in that table line will be generated.

then create text element in each cell & display your text.

Hope this will solve your problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

thanks for your replies.

But i couldn't get the sufficient answer. Sorry, may be i failed to explain my problem clearly.

with the text1 i need to display many values for example

name1

port name

country

etc.................................................

but for text2 is an Include text which has many lines.

So please help me know? If any one of your previous replies will work for this also, please explain clearly as i am knew to smartform tables and linetypes?

Thanks a lot,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case, Create 2 separate windows left & right sides.

now in left window create a template..then spilt the template into no of required rows which u need to print (i.e., name, street, country etc..) if the no of variables u wanted to print are 3 then spilt the template into 3 rows..

now create the text in template and give the POSITION (LINE, COLUMN) in 'OUTPUT OPTIONS' tab of the text..

Hope it helps!!

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

For that case.....

then you can go for two tables side by side in your smartform....

Then in that first of in the left hand side create a table where in the loop you write the table name and the work area with which you would be looping on it.

there create the table frames you want in the table tab...

and the in the main area of the table create table line .there in the row line in output options tab in the line type write the first line that you had created for your table.

then under it in the cells that gets formed create a text in the text general attributes where you can write the table fields you want to print.

then in the other table that you have created on the side of the first one. create a line type in that same way creating the line type in the text you can insert you include that contains many lines.

now both of then will be side by side.

remember to align both the tables side by side for this take care of the dimensions that you enter for both the tables.

See if this can solve your problem..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

First of all create a style for your form

in that create two paragraph formats onr for left-aligned and one for right-aligned.

after this go to your form and in that in the main window create a table with little bit less length and width table .In that create two columns assign the style name to both the columns text that you create in it in output options.

And then assign the paragraph format left aligned to the left hand side column and right-aligned to the right hand side column.

You will get your desired output.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

define a paragaraph format with 2 TABS.

now print the 2 texts one after another with a TAB space & defined paragaraph format...

P1 &text1&,,&text2&

P1 - Paragaraph Format

,, - Tab Space between 2 varaibles.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vishnu,

Thanks for the reply.

But in addition to text1 i need to display some field values how can i do that with splitting the page

into two parts for texts ?

please explain clearly?

Thanks,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take a Template and Divide the template in to 2 columns and do not select any frammed Patterns. Now create Text1 and in the Output Options Tab gice the Line and Column Number as 1 and 1 Repectively and for Text2 give it as Line 1 and Column 2.

Regards,

Vijaya Lakshmi.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply.

But i don't have any fixed lines like that. I have to display the standard texts. so i don't know how many lines are there.

Please help ?

Thanks,

Vamshi.