cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS module: How to create Equipment Warranty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anybody know how to create Equipment Warranty such that - I want to give 24 months Labor warranty and 12 months Parts warranty for an equipment.

Regards,

Dhanahb

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You use this process to create warranties in the system and to assign installed base components or objects to these warranties. The assignment can be done automatically, with reference to a product with warranty assignment, or manually. After registering an object, Internet customers in E-Service for example, receive the information about the automatically assigned customer warranty on their screen.

Process Flow

1. Create warranty

You create warranties. Warranties are created and maintained in the system as products of type Warranty.

2. Create counter

If counter-based warranty periods should be included, you create counters.

3. Create installed base or object

You create an installed base or object.

4. Assign warranty to installed base component or object

You assign one or more warranties to the installed base components or the object. The start of the warranty period can be defined manually, or based on predefined date rules.

5. Assign counter to installed base component or object

You assign counters to the installed base components or the object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

In our ECC6.0, the Equipment master/Warranty tab supports only one customer warranty and only one vendor warranty. I'm not able to find an option to assign many warranties to that equipment. Is there something I'm missing out in my config?

Regards,

Dhanahb