cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS module: Creating Warranty for Equipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anybody know how to create Equipment Warranty such that - I want to give 24 months Labor warranty and 12 months Parts warranty for an equipment.

Regards,

Dhanahb

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

try t-code IQ01/IQ02. this is for creating serial numbers for equipment and you can define the warranty period for the equipment here. however, i have not worked with labor warranties and i suspect maybe this is included in the master warranty.

i will look into other t-codes.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

I created master warranty. In its Services tab I entered 1 item for Labor and another line item for Parts. In the Count tab for Labor, I maintained warranty_period as 24 months and for Parts I specified 12 months.

In IE02 transaction, I assigned this master warranty to my Equipment. Warranty Start Date...I pre-dated to one year before.

After creating Svce Order for this equip and after confirming the hours and parts, in Resource related Billing Request (DP90) both the labor and parts are getting invoiced. Only Parts should have got invoiced because Labor is still under warranty (24 mnths).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

you create the master warranty, which includes the service item, using BGM1. after a warranty number is generated when you save, you assign this to the material using IQ01 (create) or IQ02 (change). if you are assigning a master warranty, leave the warranty end-date in IQ02 blank as the system can only choose one of the two possible options.

regards.