Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit management not updated for the first credit blocked order only

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Pls help to solve. Thx.

Case: The first sales order is created against credit block because the credit limit is exceeded. In FD33, no credit data related to the first order indicates, i.e. credit limit used shows zero as well as sales value, credit exposure. In VKM1, the blocked order can be captured.

As long as the second order is created, the credit management can be updated. But, it still does not capture the data from the first order.

The sales orders I test have the same delivery date.

Questions:

1. Is the standard behavior for the dynamic credit check?

2. If not, how to make credit management consider the first order data?

PS. In OVA8, update 000012 is applied while horizon is 4 months.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, cathy.

the situation depends on many factors, some of which are:

1. were the two sales orders of the same document type?

2. were the item categories the same? if not, was one not relevant for credit check?

3. did the documents have the same value? if the second order had a lower value and was not blocked for credit, the exposure will be updated because, i believe, 000012 was used (i am not sure if this is standard, but i observed that blocked orders do not update exposure when using 000012, wherein if you used 000018 even blocked orders update exposure).

hope this helps.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, Jonathan, Cathy,

My client would like to include blocked sales order value into credit exposure value.

The reason is that blocked sales orders will be approved and released. Hence, it should update credit exposure value for credit check of subsequent sales orders

According to your discussion, does it mean that I should use credit update '000018' instead of '000012' ?

Is there any user-exit to change the credit exposure value ?

PS:

My client expect that SAP credit check should compare credit limit against:

all FI items (including o/s invoice, credit note, downpayment, bills of exchange & any FI adjustment)

+ all billing items (not yet transferred to FI)

+ all deliveries (not yet billed)

+ all sales orders (not yet delivered) including blocked sales order

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, KL.

in my experience, update 000018 should meet the block order value > update exposure requirement. again, this is anecdotal and you must test this.

you make the setting changes in OVA8, but the update must be set in the credit control area in IMG before you can do this. the settings in OVA8 should address the requirement of including items in the credit check. but for downpayments, these fall under "special liabilities" which can be found in FD32/FD33. i have not worked with special liabilities, but there was an earlier thread on this... try to look into that as well.

if you make changes to the credit master account (i.e. reassigning risk categories), you must run F.28 for the changed accounts to update credit management.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

jonathan,

Thanks a lot! I shall try and test it.

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jonathan,

After testing, I found credit management can consider the first order data if using 000018 only. Why 000012 cannot consider it?

I have checked the explanation for those two update groups by F4. I feel obscure about the explanation of sales order between them (see below).

000012:

Sales order

Increases open order value from delivery-relevant schedule lines

000018:

Sales order

Increases open delivery value

By the way, my testing data as below:

1. were the two sales orders of the same document type? Answer: yes. Same document type, same customer, same delivery date, etc.

2. were the item categories the same? if not, was one not relevant for credit check? Answer: Yes, the same.

3. did the documents have the same value? if the second order had a lower value and was not blocked for credit, the exposure will be updated. Answer: yes, credit management can consider the second order data ONLY. It seems the first order have not been created if checking credit management.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again, cathy.

in update 000012, the credit exposure is updated based on the schedule lines. when you save an order blocked for credit, go back to it in change mode. you will notice that the confirmed quantities for the schedule lines are zero. even if you re-confirm these manually, the system will bring these back to zero. they will be confirmed only when you release the order (by using VKM1, VKM3, etc.). this is why a blocked order does not update exposure.

regards...

p.s.

don't feel "obscure". SAP SD alone is so big that only a few people in the world can claim to be experts. and i am definitely not one of them (hahaha)!

cheers

: )

Edited by: jonathan y on Apr 28, 2009 6:34 PM

Edited by: jonathan y on Apr 28, 2009 6:37 PM

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jonathan,

Oh I see. Many many thanks for your valuable advice. In my view, you are the expert. -

Answers (0)