cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Navigation iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am very new to Portal but am trying to put together a basic scenario. I would like to have one page that the user can open and see an iview navigation structure on the left hand side. A grouping of iview links within a page. Is this possible? Each iview link will take the user to a seperate Bex report.

So basically I need something like this:

Bex Reports

Sales Summary (iview link 1)

Production Order Summary (iview link 2)

Balance Sheet (iview link 3)

and the selected iview will open on the right hand side..

Can anyone help? Thank you in advance!

CM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Courtney,

If you want the folders structure to appear in the left side navigation then follow the same process I had mentioned before but don't create the pages directly inside the folder (XYZ). Instead create one or more worksets as per the required structure, add these workset under the folder (XYZ) and place the pages inside this workset as required.

These worksets will give the typical Tree structure and on opening the workset you can get the links inside it.

Regards,

Seema Rane.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wonderful. I have it working now. Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your approach sounds like what I am looking for. Thanks for the suggestions. I want all of the folders to appear in left-hand navigation though....

thanks,

CM

Edited by: Courtney Machi on Apr 28, 2009 10:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Courtney,

Let me get this straight. You want the Links to the iviews to appear in the left navigation panel and whenever the user clicks on the link the corresponding BEx report should open in the right.

Now if I have understood this properly we have done similar development.

Here are the steps for doing this:

1. Create a Role which will be displayed as a Tab on the portal screen. Open the role in edit mode.

2. Right click on the role node and from the context menu select create new folder.

3. Give some name to the folder say XYZ. This folder will appear in the secondary level navigation just below the role name. Create as many folder as you require to be in the second level navigation.

4. Now double click on this folder and in the properties set the property Can be Merged to true and Add some value in Merge ID property say 'test'.

5. Do the same for the all other folders as well.

6. Now create the required Pages and add them to the folder in the role. For this open the role, select the particular folder, then right click on the page and click on "Add page to Role" -> Deltalink.

7. Do the same for all the Pages. These pages will form the links in the left side navigation panel.

8. Inside these pages add the required iviews.

9. Add the role to the user.

10. Now when you click on the role you'll get the Folder name as second level navigation below the role name.

11. Click on the folder name you get the page name in the left navigation panel.

12. Click on the Page name you'll get the iview in the right.

Hope this answers your question. Incase of any more queries please feel free to revert back.

Regards,

Seema Rane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's what the detailed navigation iView is for. Anything at the third level of menu of a role will appear in the detailed navigation on the left hand side.

If you don't like that, then you will could build a KM document with links to the iViews, but that is much messier to maintain.