cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy-Side User Account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I am trying to create a Buy-Side User account, and nothing is happening when I hit create?

Not sure why. I created a Default Buy Side Profile, and a Default Sell Side Profile.

Now I need to create users. Do I have to have an LDAP integration to download or upload Internal Users?

Please advice.

Thanks

JS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JS

You have 2 options here

Incase you are doing a realtime implementation of ES, then you better spend more time and get the LDAP configuration settings, you can use Microsoft LDAP, its quite easy and your system administrators can help you do that.

Incase you want the welcome mail from the application, which happens to be the start of the process, you can currently choose to work with the Local directories.

Check your software districution CD, in the installation folder, you will get a file called "password.properties"

Please make an entry of the username into that file, you will get an encrypted password, you just need to save the file and the user will be created.

System will send you an invitation mail.

Please check the set-up guide / installation guide for this step in detail, it will be available in your software districuton CD

Regards

Tridip

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JS

In adddition to my earlier suggestion, I had updated in detail in another thread.

Please try this

Hi Jith

When you are using local directory configuration without LDAP, you need to follow the procedure below

If no LDAP connection is available, you can temporarily use the local driver to

maintain user account passwords in a flat file, password.properties, located in

eSourcing/config. This should only be used as a temporary solution for sandboxes or

development systems, as you cannot go into Production mode with a directory

configuration using the local driver

Incase the file password.properties isnt available in your eSourcing/config folder, you need to do some settings as mentioned below, the password.properties file gets generated automatically.

Local Directory Set up

Use this configuration when connecting to a real LDAP server is impossible, inconvenient, or undesired.

Property Setting

External ID Enabled

Display Name Disabled

Usage Active Buyside

Driver Local

Directory Username Enter any text, such as n/a

Directory Password Enter any text, such as n/a

UID Schema No value is needed

Changeable Passwords Enabled

Expired Passwords Enabled

New Accounts Enabled

Browsing Disabled

All Controls Disabled

Properties No values are needed

Let me know if the issue is resolved, if this is successful and your SMTP is configured correctly, you will receive the welcome mail from the application for a Buyer Account that you created at that point.

Regards

Tridip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tirdip

I was able to configure the Local Directory. But is it required to create a new cluster each time we have a new directory. Because the application was not allowing me to assign the Local Directory to our "Enterprise Cluster".

Thanks

JS

Former Member
0 Kudos

One other thing is email is not going out.

Please advise.

Thanks

JS

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

did you configure your SMTP mail settings correctly

In the system properties options and deamon configs in SMTP mail configuration

Regards

tridip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Tridip.

SMTP: System Information -> Deamons -> Email Enabled

Logged in as Enterprise User --> System Properties --> Set --> messaging.smtp.mailhost

Value = our full qualified hostname

Context = Enterprise context.(other than system context)

Port = 25 (default)

These are the settings I got.

Please let me know.

Thanks

JS

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JS

Do you have a separate mail Inbox for mails from and into the application

Try sending a mail from that to the receipient mailbox and see if you receive it

Regards

Tridip

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I am trying to send it out to their outlook. We do not have seperate setup.

Thanks

JS

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please note that the SMTP mailbox should be able to receive and send mails

Whatever SMTP server details you have maintained in the Deamon configuration, should be the same messaging server that is used by the users that are configiured in that domain.

If you are in a live system, check if the user whom you are sending the mail to is also part of the same exchange sever domain as the SMTP server that is configured for the SAP E-Sourcing application,

If this setting is done, then it should work.

IF your SMTP server for the ESO system is not the same as the server that's used by your company, then it will not receive or send mails to an external server.

Please check this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tridip

It is the same SMTP server. We have one SMTP host that we send and receive messages.

Thanks

JS

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Try sending mail to that SMTP from your mail, what is the result

Please let me know

regards

tridip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tridip

Its working now. We created a new context and associated it with System Default Cluster.

We are now getting emails.

Now we have to do dataloads again altogether.

Thanks for all your help.

JS

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JS

Great to know its working

Regards

Tridip

Answers (0)