cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment cost - VI01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please detail the configuration steps require to activate shipment cost. We create transportation using VT01N for the outbound deliveries. To create a shipment cost document using VI01 for the transportation, what are the mandatory steps to follow?

Please detail the configuration steps to be maintained to activate shipment cost and how to create shipment cost document for the shipment using VI01.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Victor Collins,

1. Before carrying Shipment costs, please configure other basic requirements like Routes, Output control Shipoing Deadlines and so on.. under

IMG --> Logistics execution --> Transportation --> Basic Transportation Functions

2. Mainatin No. ranges for shipments, Blocking reasons, Shipment types, Acivity profile for shipment lists..

IMG --> Logistics execution --> Transportation --> Shipments

3. For Calculation of Shippment Costs and its configuration check

IMG --> Logistics execution --> Transportation --> Shipment costs

Under "Basic Functions"

IMG --> Logistics execution --> Transportation --> Shipment costs --> Basic functions --> Define Date Rules.

Here you maintain the pricing date, sttlement date and the sequence in which it is accessed. Under "Stage Start" you describe your Start leg an Transaportation leg. Under "Stage End" you give End Leg and End Transportation date.

4. Shipping Cost Document

IMG --> Logistics execution --> Transportation --> Shipment costs --> Shipment cost document.

Here you define no. ranges for Shippment costs, Shippment cost types and item categories, Assign shipment cost type and cost relevance for shipment type.

a. Defie no ranges for shipment costs

b. Shipment cost type and Item Categories

c. Shippment cost relevance and default for shipment cost type.

3 Shipment cost Pricing

IMG --> Logistics execution --> Transportation --> Shipment costs --> Pricing --> Pricing control

Here Condition Technique is follwed as normal pricing but here the access sequence and condition types are pertained to shipment. So you choose condition types and assign it to pricing procedure as per your requirement.

4. Settlement

Menu path: SPRO --> IMG --> Logistics execution --> Transportation --> Shipment Costs --> settlement.

a.Assign purchasing data

Here you assign Puchaing organization group and plant to Transportation planning pointand shippment costs type

b. Maintain Account Assignement Category

You have item categories provided by SAP you can choose item category and click details button to check in your changes for configuration purpose or you can also create your own item category.

c. Automatic Determination of CO AssignmentsHere you carry out default account assignement for Cost element based o business area or Profit centre.

Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for all the responses.

I have made the above settings. While creating shipment cost document I am doing the following entries manually. I guess SAP certainly provides the configuration settings to update automatically.

1. Cost Relevance: After crating the shipment document, manually I am activating the flag which is relevant for shipment cost under shipment cost calculation tab view. u2013 What config settings require to automate this function.

2. Pricing Procedure: Under the shipment cost calculation tab manually I am entering the pricing procedure though I did the pricing procedure determination.

Please advice.

Thanks.

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Victor,

Go through this IMG path do the settings

SPRO -->IMG >Logistics Execution>Transportation -->Shipment Cost Document -->Shipment Cost Relevance and Default for Shipment Cost Type.

Now try,

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

I searched on my own. Thanks for the response.

Thanks,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question about the error log of VI01, you could add a standard form validation? I require that validation is in error for spro.

I appreciate your support ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to go for enhancement,find the user exit,then ask to abaper for the validation,he will do that

to find user exit go to path

spro- logistics excution-transportation-system modification-IMG documentation.

This will help full to u

Regards,

Atiq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,  Atiq

Thank you very much, for your answer it was very helpful!

apology for the delay in my reply of thanks ...

0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please help me I got stuck in one issue, for me automatic PO is not getting created, I have checked everything and  have gone through all the post but still problem is not resolved..Please find below the screen shot of my problem..Kindly help me, I shall be very thankful to you.

Warm Regards,

Faraz

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Victor,

Shipping Costs configuration steps : -

Menu path: SPRO --> IMG --> Logistics execution --> Transportation --> Shipping cost

1 Shipping cost Basic Functions: -

Menu path: SPRO --> IMG --> Logistics execution --> Transportation --> Shipping cost --> Basic functions --> Define Date Rules.

2 Shipping Cost Document: -

Menu path: SPRO --> IMG --> Logistics execution --> Transportation --> Shipping cost --> Shipment cost document.

a. Shipping cost type and item categories.

Menu path: SPRO --> IMG --> Logistics execution --> Transportation --> Shipping cost --> Shipment cost document --> Shipping cost type and item categories.

b. Shipping Cost relevant and Default setting for shipment cost type: -

Menu path: SPRO --> IMG --> Logistics execution --> Transportation --> Shipping costs --> Shipment cost document --> Shipping Cost relevant and Default setting for shipment cost type.

3 Shipment cost Pricing: -

Menu path: SPRO --> IMG --> Logistics execution --> Transportation --> Shipping costs --> pricing

a. Define & Assign pricing procedures.

Menu path: SPRO --> IMG --> Logistics execution --> Transportation --> Shipping costs --> pricing --> Define & Assign pricing procedures.

4 Shipment cost settlement: -

Menu path: SPRO --> IMG --> Logistics execution --> Transportation --> Shipping costs --> settlement.

a.Assign purchasing data

Menu path: SPRO --> IMG --> Logistics execution --> Transportation --> Shipping costs --> settlement --> Assign purchasing data.

b. Automatic determination of CO assignments: -

Menu path: SPRO --> IMG --> Logistics execution --> Transportation --> Shipping costs --> settlement --> Automatic determination of CO assignments.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For configuration guide, please follow this link:

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/LETRA/SDTRA.pdf

Regards,

RP