cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP_PROF Client Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am about to perform a client copy from my newly refreshed DEV client to my Gold Client. My Gold Client does not contain all of our authorization profiles but does obviously contain all of our config. I want to leave the Gold client completely in tact but want to add the authorization profiles from my other DEV client. In SCCL, I plan to use profile, "SAP_PROF", which says, "Only Authorization Profiles and Roles" but just want to be sure that it will not delete or overwrite anything else (data or config).

It seems like a pretty simple answer but I have to be sure, as if it pulls anything else with it that was unexpected, I'll most likely end up unemployed. Previously I have only ever used the, "SAP_ALL" option and never over a gold client. Thanks for your responses.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

Client copy involves deleting the data and customizations in the target client in most of the cases including when using SAP_PROF profile. The only exception is SAP_USER.

Read,

The customizing and application data is deleted in the target client before copying for all profiles except SAP_USER

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/99/0a2a887e2511d2a6250000e82deaaa/content.htm

Regards

Juan

Answers (0)