cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Validation in PI 7.1 - Restart and skip validation possible, but how?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I read about schema validation in PI 7.1 and did a few tests on my own, but could not restart and skip validation for invalid payloaded messages. The documents say it is possible.

Anyone know how? Thanks.

BTW, I really think putting the schemas in server file system will cause a lot of authorization trouble in enterprises. No one gives access to the server filesystem and I don't think they will also like to open the required subdirectories for share. Asking the basis team to create the folder structures and maintaining schemas would be another pain. Don't you also think that SAP could find a better approach, like automatically uploading the schemas to the filesystem, or validating them from repository directly if possible?

Kind regards,

Gökhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gökhan,

I am facing the same issue.

I set up outbound xml validation in receiver agreement and tested it with valid and invalid messages.

The validation works fine.

But in case of validation error I tried to restart with skipping the validation. But this wasn't possible.

I am always facing the same valdiation error.

I already tried all different tools I know (sxi_monitor, message monitoring in rwb and in nwa)

I am working on PI 7.11 SP6

Did you find a solution for skipping the validation for a single message out of the monitoring?

I know that there is the possibility of deactivate the validation in receiver agreement but thid doesn't meet the requirement of skip the validation only for a single message.

Maybe anyone else faced and solved this issue already.

Thanks in advance

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have the validation done in the Integration Engine, you can restart the message, even if the validation failed. Therefore you have to step into the message details (double click on the message in the sxmb_moni overview) and then click restart. It doesn't work, when you restart the message out from the overview.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Topcu,

We have used this with out any issues. Try to make a field mandatory in the schema and test it without sending the value in it. Use validation during the sender communicaiton channel. It should stop there.

Also you said: like automatically uploading the schemas to the filesystem

From where automatically the schema will upload? So thats the same we are putting on the shared drive. Also since it is a one time work, your basis guys should be able to do it, even if you dont have enough permissions.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see you have not read what I have written, I already tested the functionality and know what and how validation works. Your post does not answer my question of restarting message with skipping the validation.

Also, if you think putting schemas in the filesystem is OK, then I wonder if you will still think the same way when you have +50 schemas in a project where the attributes can change on daily basis and you have to ask the basis team to update them everyday even for the development systems.

They could be uploaded from the ESR to the filesystem automatically, and I think would be a lot wiser approach.

Regards

Gökhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopchu,

restarting message with skipping the validation.

Did you change in Sender Agreement to No validation before restarting the message?

+Also for 50 schemas in a project where the attributes can change on daily basis and you have to ask the basis team to update them everyday even for the development systems.

I agree with you its a pain in dev. But in production its not the same (Since as you know we are not going to change very often).

Probably SAP will consider in its next version PI 7.2. Thats my two cents.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep, changing the sender agreement is an option, but I was asking if there was a workaround or a selection in RWB or SXMB_MONI to do it there for only once message instead of changing the configuration. But anyhow, I guess not.

Thanks for your input.

Regards,

Gökhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Topcu,

You are correct. We dont have any option.

Also as you konw it is a design level issue. So if you make a design once, you will follow it in production also. So we are not going to change until the design changes.

Regards,

---Satish