Adopt Storage Bin for Material to Monitor Quantity of Bin without using WM
I just found out that in the Material Master Creation->General Data/Storage Location 01, there is this field called "Storage Bin". It serves as additional text information for SLOC extended to a material.
For example, if Mat008 is extended to SLOC01 and SLOC02, I can actually maintain Storage Bin information so that it can make the storage location informaiton more meaning, in this case, example
1. Mat008 is stored at SLOC01, RackA1 where RackA1 is the Storage Bin info.
2. Mat008 is also stored at SLOC02, RackB2 where RackB2 is the Storage Bin info.
Already test this with Physical inventory Document and this Storage Bin info is able to show up for the ease of stock count.
Having said that, currently there are 4 production lines in my factory: Wood, Metal, Seating, Panel and all of them will share the same raw material SLOC called SRAW. It is so confusing for the people to identify where to find the raw material for Wood, and where to find raw material for Panel.
As such, there is suggestion to separate the Raw Material SLOC for 4 of them.
1. Raw Material SLOC for Wood = RWXX, W = Wood
2. Raw Material SLOC for Metal = RMXX, M = Metal
3. Raw Material SLOC for Panel = RPXX, P = Panel
4. Raw Material SLOC for Seating = RSXX, S = Seating
Having said that, industrial rack will be installed for each raw material SLOC. And in each SLOC, there will be 4 lines of rack.
1st Line is Rack A
2nd Line is Rack B
3rd Line is Rack C
4th Line is Rack D
And each rack has its own storage bin such as Vertical is A to E, Horizontal is 1 to 5. It will be like a matrix and if the Storage Bin info is A5, it means go to vertical A, Horizontal 5 to locate it.
Thus, the SLOC naming convention for 4 lines of Raw Material can be further enhanced as:
1. Raw Material SLOC for Wood = RWRA, W = Wood, RA = Rack A
2. Raw Material SLOC for Metal = RMRC, M = Metal, RC = Rack C
3. Raw Material SLOC for Panel = RPRD, P = Panel, RD = Rack D
4. Raw Material SLOC for Seating = RSRC, S = Seating, RC = Rack C
For Raw Material SLOC for Wood, it can have all the SLOC conventions as:
And for one material, it is only assigned to a SLOC and a fixed Storage Bin.
What will be the design complexity and impact if I actually decide to use so many storage location to perform function like WM? As we do not activate WM now.
I can only view the quantity for each Bin in MMBE (Stock Overview). Other than that, I am not able to view the Storage Bin Quantity for Plant Stock using MB52 for a selected Material. How can I view report of Quantity for Storage Bin for a selected material?
Am I able to perform GR, GI, Transfer Posting for the BIN Quantity?
Sorry for the lengthy explanation. Hope it is useful.
Edited by: Daimos on Apr 27, 2009 8:14 PM