Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Reorganisation of tables with LONG- RAW fields (TST03)

Hello Experts,

Looking at the threads raised by my friends, i understand that tables with LONG and LONG-RAW fields can't be reorganised online. So we have to do this offline - using export/import. But this will not be accepted by business every now and then. So please help me in finding a permanent solution.

Our landscape is ECC6 SP17 (non unicode upgraded from R/3 4.6C) and Oracle 10.2.0.4.

1. As per SAP note 835552, 646681, we can convert the tables with LONG, LONG-RAW fields to LOB,CLOB and then do online reorg of these tables.

What are the factors which we need to see whether our system is compatible for this conversion or not.

SAP documents says - performance issues comes after this conversion. Is there any way to find out how much performance degradation would be?

2. We still are using classic tablespace layout - is there any benefit of using new layout.

3. On our demo system, we have done reorganisation of TST03 with export/import method - but still we can see in DB02 - Detailed Analysis - 94% of the space is free. What we need to do to give back the free space to hard disk.

Thanks for your time to read this.

Regards

Davinder

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question