Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I have designed a release strategy with three characteristics:

This is what I entered in characteristic

1.PRQuantity with table name MEREQ3211GRID and Field :MENGE

2.PRmaterial # with table name RMMG1 and Field :MATNR

3.PRPlant with table name RMMG1 and Field :werks

the value for PRQuantity is >= 10000,000.

Also, I have set the indicator for (allow interval) in characteristics

Classes, procedure with classification, Release startegies are all proper.

I am getting the Release startegy tab in PR, but the problem is when I adopt a PR to create a PO with PO quantity >=10000, the release starategy gets picked up, which is perfect but it is also getting picked up with PO Quantity <=10000.

I dont understand why is it getting picked up for <=10000..Please suggest!!

Thanks in advance!!

Megha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

paul_shrewsbury2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Megha,

In your original post you said,

"1.PRQuantity with table name MEREQ3211GRID and Field :MENGE

2.PRmaterial # with table name RMMG1 and Field :MATNR

3.PRPlant with table name RMMG1 and Field :werks"

Per documentation I have seen, the table you should use for your characteristics for PRs should be CEBAN and CEKKO for POs. Here are some links to SAP notes you may find useful.

[365604 - Release strategies in purchasing|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=365604]

[493900 - Release Strategy|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=493900]

[672719 - Release strategies in the service|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=672719]

Note 365604 may be by far the most descriptive of how to set up the entire process. Hope this helps if you are still having problems.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may have one or more characteristic referenced to more than one table fields. Please also check all char-objects-class assignments for this Release Strategy.

thanks,

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey paul,

I am creating the PO with ME51n and I am creating that with reference to the purchase requisition.

I am getting the release strategy tab in the Purchase requistion, i don't think I should get the same tab in PO just because I have not created a release strategy for Purchase order..I have only created it for Purchase requisition.

Thanks,

Megha

paul_shrewsbury2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Megha,

Did you mean ME21N using the document overview? Also I agree you should not be getting a release strategy in the PO just because you have one in the referenced PR. Does the strategy in the PO have the same release group and strategy name as the one in the PR? You may also wish to check the configuration for PO release strategies to make sure one does not exist.

On another note, I am not sure if I am understanding your issue. My understanding is that a PR that should not get a strategy (Qty <=10000) does not and a PR >=10000 does. Is the problem that a PO created from a PR with a release strategy seems to be adopting the strategy of the PR although one has never been configured for POs?

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey paul,

No i have not created any release strategy for PO.

I dont think I need to.

All i want to do is that I have created the PR with same values as I mentioned.

Now i adopt this PR to make a PO. When I make the PO, technically, it should not allow me to do because unless the PR is released I cannot move any further.

Does that make sense?

Please let me know.

Thanks for the effort.

Megha

paul_shrewsbury2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Megha,

What transaction are you using to convert the PR into a PO? Also, when the quantity is <10,000 you are still getting the release strategy tab and should not? Are you getting the tab in the PR or the PO you are creating?

Paul

paul_shrewsbury2
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am getting the Release startegy tab in PR, but the problem is when I adopt a PR to create a PO with PO quantity >=10000, the release starategy gets picked up, which is perfect but it is also getting picked up with PO Quantity <=10000.

Do you have release strategies and characteristics for purchase orders as well? If so, what are the PO strategy characteristics and value settings?

Regards