cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP - SYCLO and MAM(2.5/ 3.0) Direction....?

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We have a couple of core business process(Coal yard operator rounds, Fueling applications) running very successfuly using MAM2.5 and MI 7.0.

Quite recently, SAP entered into an agreement with Syclo to offer field service management on mobile devices , which will include functionality for work order execution, operator rounds, time entry and material management. Does anyone have more info and details into this and how this impacts the roadmap of MAM and whether migration of MAM 2.5 /MAM3.0 would be a option?

Any additional insights would greatly be appreciated.

Best Regards

Narasimhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narasimhan,

There is a migration path from SAP MAM to Syclo's SMART Work Manager. You should be able to retain/reuse ERP backend configuration/business logic if desired. Frontend will need to be replaced as Syclo's SMART Mobile Suite uses Agentry Mobile Client, which is a different technology. Netweaver MI is not needed.

It you like to have more information, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,

Jirong Wang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jirong,

Is it possible for Syclo partners to have access to the documentation for migration from SAP MAM to Syclo's SMART Work Manger?

BR, Denis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jirong,

Is it possible for Syclo partners to have access to the documentation for migration from SAP MAM to Syclo's SMART Work Manger?

BR, Denis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also consider using the Momentum product from msc mobile, it is a Mobile Asset Maintenance application leveraging the SAP-Sybase Co-Innovation architecture (the same one used for the Sybase CRM sales and workflow apps).

It offers almost the same functionality as SAP MAM 3.0 from which it reuses the backend function modules and customizing. So for an existing MAM customer the migration effort and risk is minimized, and with the recent aquisition of Sybase by SAP, this seems to be the technology of choice for the future.

You can contact me (see my business card) if you are interested to know more, or visit our website: http://www.msc-mobile.com/momentum

Best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu Gopal

Coal yard Operator Rounds can be catered with MAM 2.5 and MAM 3.0 also using the measurement counter readings with couple of enhancements, this was delivered earlier with our mining, oil & gas customers please let me now if I can help you .

Coming to Fueling application please let me know what exactly you are you looking in this .

Regards

Siddhartha Ampolu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narasimhan

With more and more Mobile devices flooding the market and each device coming with its own OS and support for different technologies, SAP's mobile strategy is now focused more providing its customers and field users with native and richer UI experience, on demand data (Push from server), better device management & administration and so on. Starting NetWeaver Mobile 7.1, SAP has entered into tie ups with different partners like RIM, Sybase, Syclo etc to provide customers the advantage of two worlds - SAPs know how of core business processes and partners know how of instant push, device management and so on.

With regard to MAM, you would be aware that currently none of the versions of MAM is supported on the latest Mobile 7.1 platform and these versions MAM 2.5/3.0 work perfectly only on MI 2.5 and 7.0. All versions of SAP standard applications will continue to be supported only on MI 2.5 and 7.0 and you can continue to use/upgrade on this platform. But the same cannot be said with Mobile 7.1. The Syclo partnership could be the future of MAM / MAU on the newer platform with partner based co-innovation.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

PS: This is only my personal thought and does not in any way reflect SAP's roadmap or strategy on Mobile