Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to create Inbound Idocs in a ABAP program? Any function Module?

Hello Experts,

My requirement is : I have sales order data which I extracted from third party system in my internal tables. In the same box I need to create inbound Idocs and then consequently create sales orders.

I have used the function module IDOC_INBOUND_WRITE_TO_DB to create inbound Idocs from Sales Orders data in internal tables. I have populated all the data records with correct PSGNUM and HLEVEL values. My plan is to create inbound idocs with this function module and send those to IDOC_INPUT_ORDERS function module which creates Sales Orders.

If a sales order in the internal table in ABAP program contains only one item, then I am getting correct idocs. But if more than one item exists for a sales order then the line item segments which got repeated in Idoc are having PSGNUM and HLEVEL values as zero when I checked in WE02. As a result the hierarchy from the second item segment is getting disturbed and getting the status 60.

I populated T_EDIDD with data records from IDOC_INBOUND_WRITE_TO_DB.

To the function module IDOC_INPUT_ORDERS, T_EDIDC and T_EDIDD are the input. I observed that in T_EDIDD also the PSGNUM and HLEVEL values are blank.

I am getting Status 60 with message 'EDI: Syntax error in IDoc (segment cannot be identified)' for idocs which have more than one item.

I need to extract sales data from third party and create inbound idocs and create sales orders in one ABAP program only. I need to display corresponding Idoc numbers for the corresponding third party sales order number in a listoutput.

Can anybody please provide inputs?

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question