cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM - To Vendors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our business situation is, from SRM we need to send the PO to the various vendors.

We are going to use PROXY as the SENDER Communication Channel and HTTPS Adapter as the Receiver communication channel.

Would some one guid me how to build the PROXY. I would really appreciate if some one could educate me with a step by step instructions.

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Following link will help you to know more about ABAP Proxy.

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies - Activate Proxy

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies - Server ABAP Proxy

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy - Client ABAP Proxy

Thanks,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prateek. I saw the links you have provided. Except the last one (/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy ), no other link is closer to my requirement.

I would appreciate, if you could tell me the Steps that are involved, because I have looked most of the blogs and I am not getting the info what I am looking for.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need not do any sender adapter configurations as we are using proxies is it not? Or did i get the question wrong.

Regards,

Chandra

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to configure Sender XI Adapters for the Proxy communciations.

Only for Idoc and Http communications, if it is of sender side , then it is not required to create a sender agreement,. Because it will provide you respective XML. So no need of Sender Idoc Adapter/Http Adapter.

Just for your info-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/44/79973cc73af456e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ab/bdb13b00ae793be10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

regards,

Moorthy

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

The proxy which you are creating is for this purpose, so you would not require a sender communication channel.

In addition to the above steps if you need any other information this link gives tells you how to create proxy using transaction sproxy.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/81/845f3c31727d59e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

Chandra

Message was edited by: Chandravadhana

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>>>*** And i need to create an Sender XI adapter?

No</i>

Sender XI Adapter is required right ? Why it is not required here ? Just clarify

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First step would be to create the objects such as message mapping and message interfaces in your integration repository.

Once this is done, we need to log on to SRM system, and execute the sproxy transaction.

Here, you would find your namespace(corresponding to your software component in IR). Right click on the message interface corresponding to your proxy, and say create.

Once you specify the parameters, a class by that name would be generated.

Here, you would need to call the function that is to process your input. You also need to specify the import parameters and the export parameters.

This function that you are going to call, using call function, can eiter be the one you write, or you could use one that is already existing.

After this, we need to do the configurations in the ID.

We need to do the configurations for receiver adapter.

Regards,

Smitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically your scenario is R/3 - XI - HTTPS, so you will be using client ABAP proxy. Go ahead with the development and when you face specific problems, do let us know so we will solve it one by one. I think in last blog only the receiver will change.

Thanks,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Krishna Moorthy. From your point in the IR

I need to Create

1) Data Types (SRMPO Datastructure) 2) Message Type 3) message Interface

Identify the Message Interface created in the IR, Right click and Create.

Then in the ABAP Class, write how the PO needs to processed .

Configure the XI Adapter to send the PO to IE.

Please correct me if I have missed anything here.

Thanks so much Krishna Murthy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Smitha for your detailed Answer, really appreciated. Could you please tell me whether I am correct with

1) The Proxy I am developing right now is Sender ABAP proxy?

2) And i need to create an Sender XI adapter?

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

You are right. But let me know one thing- Did u see predelivered content of SRM in XI. There are mappings done for these type of scenarios. this is just for your information to get more into making use of existing/standard mapping/data types etc. Anyway you need to configure your Adapters/Receivers etc.

While crearting data type , I think there are data types created for PO interfaces .. Just check it. We can reuse the existing/standard objects.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you need to create a sender proxy here, in this scenario.

You are implementing your proxy in your SRM system. So in order for the SRM to communicate with integration server, you need to configure a sender xi adapter.

Regards,

Smitha.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

First of All, SRM has predelivered content in Xi. Just check that. I think you can get these design objects in the Repository.

Anyway-As per the your requirement, you are going to use Client ABAP proxy.

First you need to create IR objects for this purpose if you are not using standard objects. Then create/generate a ABAP proxy in the SRM side using Tcode SPROXY and then write an ABAP Report to populate the PO details into Proxy message. Then trigger/Schedule the ABAP report so that message is populated in the XI.

For more about this-

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/5b/b75f3c019e3a56e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Similar discussion -

Hope this helps,

Regards

Moorthy