cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different restrictions for each columns

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to restrict each column in a standard report with different value, without using global filter.

For Ex. I have a measure field called Amount. I would like to have 12 columns namely Jan, Feb etc... and then I would like to restrict each column with Month and I need to get the data for that particular month in the column.

In this case I cant use cross tab report because crosstab doesnt support some of the features of SAP datasource at this point of time. I can create measures in SAP datasource with restriction. But performance of the query will be affected.

In case of Web Intelligence we can create a formula with where clause for each of the column. But such thing i couldnt find in crystal report.

I need experts help here.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a formula for each month, then assign a value if the month criteria is met. yo can then summarize these formulas based on your groupings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.

Could you please give me a simple example.

Thanks

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

For January you would have the following

if month(yourdatefield) = 1 then

youramountfield

else

For February you would have the following

if month(yourdatefield) = 2 then

amount

else

continue on for each month. then place these fields across the report in the detail. Now for each record the value will go into the correct month column. Then you can suppress the detail section and summarize the total for each month if you want.

Answers (0)