Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live office XI 3.1 Performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Greetings!!!

I have resolved few live office issues by taking the help from SDN. Right now I have required one more clarification with respect to the live office. We have created one master Universe on top of SAP BI and then developed around 25 WEBI reports(small set) and we are showing this data in Live office excel document in one work sheet. Live office is taking around 15 minutes to refresh all the reports and I wanted know that is there any way to reduce the time and how to improve the performance of my live office object.

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

Satya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

As far as i know your live office document performance is pretty good because its fetching data for almost 25 webi reports based on Sap Data in 15 min(which is good performance).

Thanks,

SK.

Edited by: Siva Vallabhaneni on Apr 27, 2009 9:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thank you..

But still is there any way to improve my performance because my users want to see the data in between 5 tp 10 mins. If you know something can you please advice?

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Satya

0 Kudos

Hi,

have you considered letting LiveOffice work with scheduled instances instead of always getting "fresh" data?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stratos,

All are Ondemand reports and all my reports are based on same parmeters and I have checked "Consolidated parameters" option in Live office object properties so that all my reports should run for one refresh.

Regards,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

As stratos mentioned try set the refresh option in live office so that the live office document gets data from already scheduled data. that would be faster than refreshing the data of all 25 reports from live office instantly(it will take time to fetch data from sap Bex query or Infocube for all 25 Reports).

Thanks,

SK.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in addition to the already made suggestions you also might want to look at the topic of "server side trust" that is possible with the Integration Kit for SAP Release XI 3.x. This allows you to schedule a report for all your SAP users by still keeping the security intact.

ingo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the sum of the refresh times for all your webi reports when you refresh them individually in the InfoView?

Regards,

Stratos