Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link Idoc to SLG1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I seek the method to link Idoc standard to TCODE SLG1.

Thanks for your contribution.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working with O.Pelat and I would like to give you more informations about the question asked.

We have many IDoc to maintain and we have also "normal" interfaces abap program.

After that we would like to generate for all of our interfaces, application log via SLG1 and send an email to the flux responsable person with SLG1 log attached.

It is not a problem to generate SLG1 with the "normal ABAP interface", but we don't know how to link the application log SLG1 to an Idoc.

We heard and we saw before application log posted by an incomming IDoc. So our question is:

It is possible to link/connect (by customizing action our SAP transaction) an application log SLG1 to an Idoc? (with same messages find in Idoc monitoring)

Maybe you have an other simpliest soluce ..

Thank you for you help

0 Kudos

Hi,

in order to link the application log to your Idoc processing you have fill in the idoc status record (that results from the current inbound/outbound processing) the APPL_LOG field. In this field you have to specify the number of the application log created. In this way you are able to navigate from the detail idoc status display (WE02/WE05 idoc display) directly into the application log SLG1 via pushbutton "Application Log".

In the case of standard inbound / outbound process codes, you will need to implement the userexit (if any) to change the status record.

Kind regards.

Andrea

0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Thank you to answer.

Could you give me more details.

How can I fill APPL_LOG? there is a transaction that you use to do it?

Which value do you put inside?

Because we see this field in the staus record but we don't know how to fill it and with which value.

At the end what the object/subobject/external identification of the SLG1 generated?

Thank you again.

Mathieu

0 Kudos

This question is assumed answered, but the following document could be useful:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-35102

Regards,

Andrea