cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demand release from APO to R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am trying to create a transfer profile to release demand from APO to R/3. I am creating a transfer profile but I am not sure what value to put under the version box of the R/3 tab.

what is the active version in r/3 to which i release the demand from APO.

regards,

Kedar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While transfer, Function module *Requirements_CREATE* only exists in the R/3 System and is called by the APO System via RFC. In test system try with the requirements type VSF (planning with final assembly) and check if PIRs are generated in the R/3 System.

You also need to have Material master transferred from R/3 to APO via CIF. Only then you can transfer the Demand from DP to R/3 using transfer profile.

You also need to set the publication type for PIR to the Logical R/3 system.

Regards,

SCMBEE

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

thanks for the inputs.

I have meintained material and location directly in APO. would that create a problem?

also do i need to maintain an integration model for PIR's?

in the distribution definition in APO, spro, the logical system has to be R/3..right? it means I would need to create a separate business systems group for that.

regards,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kedar,

The product location is prerequisite to transfer PIR in ERP (BAPI_REQUIREMENTS_CREATE will check for MAtl, Plant, Version, requirement type for mapping)

PIR must be part of Integration model and as you rightly mentioned logical system must be name of R/3 logical system name.

To enable error-free communication with SAP APO, every source system (SAP R/3) must be assigned to a BSG

Rgds,

SCMBEE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created an integration model to CIF location and plant. However I had initially maintained the location and plant directly in APO. They would get overwritten if I CIF them again?

When I create a location directly in APO it assigns the business system group of APO system to it. Now when I CIF the same location from R/3, will it overwrite the business system group. Since it displays the APO business system group, it gives me an error while maintaing the distribution definition as it cannot pick up the logical system assigned to R/3.

I had another question. if I create an integration model for PIR, how does DP recognize that integration model. normally we CIF PIR as forecast category FA in SNP, PP/DS.

regards,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is there an option to release demand to R/3 without actually CIFing material and location master to APO?

Regards,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created the following steps:

1. CIFed location and products to APO

2. Created transfer profile (planning strategy VSF) and job for release

The job run is successful, but in MD63 transaction, I am unable to see the PIR's.

Does the transfer profile not work, if i am using a characteristic other than 9AMATNR?

Regards,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using R/3 version 4.7. Is there any compatibility issue while transferring from SCm 5.1 to R/3 4.7?

Regards,

Kedar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In R/3, the action version is 00 only. 000 is active version of APO.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for the inputs. I ran the job to release demand to R/3. The spool shows that the release is successful. However when i go to transaction code md62 and display the planned independent requirements, I do not see any values.

The base unit of measure is CS. In R/3 internal UOM of CS is defined with commercial as CAS

In APO the same internal UOM CS has a commercial of CV.

Would that create any issues in data release to R/3.

The other settings I have used are as follows:

I have defined the relevant planning area and key figure .

In the R/3 tab, the requirements type is Blank and version is 00. Also the "active" indicator is set.

Regards,

Kedar

former_member492024
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just complementing Saradha Ramesh: Use "000" (Three ZEROS).

Regards,

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kedar ,

In most companies the active version will be "00" in R/3. Try the same in your development system and check if it works

Thanks

Saradha