cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-currency Webtools sites linking back to a single B1 database

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am checking out possibilities in the above area with the current release.

As far as I can see the enhancements of SP1 regarding currency provide for multi-currency display of prices only. When it comes to display of historic transactions or of order transactions in the myaccount section this is only reported in the base currency of the webtools system. When it comes to the processing of transactions back to B1 or to credit card this can only occur in the base system currency of the B1 system.

We typically have to deal with databases with customers in system currency and one other specfic currency.

I decided to test out what is possible by creating two WT sites linked back to the same B1 database

My Test B1 database has a base currency of EUR with customers in EUR and GBP.

Users attached to GBP accounts cannot transact on a EUR based WT site unless their account is changed to 'All currencies' in B1 and the latter is not necessarily a welcome move as it has several knock-on implications in B1

I decided to test out the creation of a second WT site

Culture set to English UK

Currency Set to GBP

Default Retail and default WT price list set to a GBP price list taken from same B1 database

Everything appeared to work fine ( MyAccount transactions were displaying in GBP at the correct amounts and prices for products displayed correctly).

I began to have difficulty with the exchange rate setting and the currency selector setting ( which I understand is retained between user logins ).

On trying to synch a GBP customer order back to B1 I got a synch error Invalid currency code ORDR.DocCur 'EUR'

When the customer account was set to All Currencies the order synched across but was synched with the correct figures but everything in the EUR

From this exercise do I understand correctly that, despite multicurrency improvements the following is true ;

1) Synchronisation is only correct when the Webtools Base Currency is the same as the B1 system currency ( i.e. there is no option on set up, these two always have to be the same)

2) In a situation such as the one described there is no current solution to allow our GBP customers to transact in GBP in a WT site linked to a B1 database with Base currency EUR unless the customer's account is changed to 'All Currencies'

3) The only currency option available at present is in the area of indicative price display. All WT transactions are passed to and from B1 in B1 system currency. MyAccount orders and Account transactions will always be displayed incorrectly for non base currency users.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct Geoff, this is why the feature is called Multi-currency Display

Answers (0)