cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capturing Salaries as costs in projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have a situation where my major cost component is internal manpower cost eg. salary.

Now i want to post this cost to PS as cost monthly. We have not implemented payroll here.So how will I capture this cost. I have already tried assigning manpower cost at activity level (activity type in workcenters). But this is not very feasible solution, since I have to change activity type costs depending on manpower.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Aji Kurian Mani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

try doing FI posting using FB01.FB50 by using appropriate G/L / Costelement. Mention WBS in Debit line item. They will be reflected as salaries in your reports.

To see them in Projects, define value category as salary and assign appropriate cost element.

As mentioned earlier you can use CATS also.

Thanks

Sarang

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang,

Thanx for the reply but the problem is not the how to this but the problem is coming as how we can calculate the salary of employees on hourly basis. as it depends on montht to months no. of working days keep on changing so per hour cost will also be changed . so i m not able to do KP26 in this case.

kindly suggest me on this part.

With Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Idhasoft, India

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi..

there is copncept of wage type...discuss with CO guy..he can help u .

ashis

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Normally, salaries will not be captured as actual cost in the project. If you are using capital investment project, check with your FI guys, salaries costs cannot be capitalised in some countries.

In most of the companies, salaries will be included in the activity price calculation with overheads.

Regards

Srinivasan Desingh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally salaries are not captured in projects.But you can collect manpower cost using CATS confirmation. Whenever a person records time for a network activity then it comes as actual cost for the activity.

You can check out "Confirmation via Time sheet" in help.sap.com

Anuradha

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anuradha,

Thanx for the reply but the problem is not the how to this but the problem is coming as how we can calculate the salary of employees on hourly basis. as it depends on montht to months no. of working days keep on changing so per hour cost will also be changed . so i m not able to do KP26 in this case.

kindly suggest me on this part.

With Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Idhasoft, India

Edited by: abhishek sinha on May 4, 2009 9:57 AM

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i have mentioned earlier in my post, you need to include the salaries in the activity type costs calculation. This will be done by FICO consultants based on the input from the business users. Normally activity type rates will not reflect the actual salaries as they are confidential. So the markup and overheads will be added to the activity type rates. I have done like this in many of my projects.

regards

Srinivasan Desingh