cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CE 7.1 BPM + NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I was wondering, since CE 7.1 EHP1 comes bundled with a BPM tool to model your business processes, if and/or when SAP will come up with an official release on the use of BPM in CE.

My second question is: Is there a specific release (planned) NWDI for CE 7.1?

Best,

Wesley

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182046
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wesley,

CE 7.1 EHP 1, the release which also includes BPM, allows you to install NWDI as an add-on just like you can (and probably will) install an ESR on top of it.

Have a look at this overview page of the "What's new in CE 7.1 EHP 1" in the SAP Library: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce711/helpdata/en/ad/b4938a21b04fe58502206d09b92471/frameset.htm

Best regards,

Thorsten

0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

do you know when the ramp-up for CE 7.1 EHP 1 will finish and the product will be available for 'General Availability'?

Thank you very much

former_member182046
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you have a look at [this blog by Jan Rauscher from the CE product management team|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/12794] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];, you will find the targeted date for the GA of CE 7.1 EHP 1 in the comment section: May 15th.

Cheers,

Thorsten

0 Kudos

Great! Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

First of all, thanks for your quick replies. Somewhere in the referenced link I read: "Instead of using a track from your SAP NetWeaver 7.1 CE development infrastructure, ...", does this mean there is an NWDI version for CE 7.1?

@Manohar: You mean NW CE 7.0? (You mentioned EP 7.0).

Regards,

Wesley

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

all this thread and replies are applicable for CE 7.1 and please be specific with service packs .

what you have read is also correct and which is specific to various service packs like SP3, SP5...

and you have asked for EHP1 i.e enhanced pack.. so what all the answers that i gave are related to EHP1 only...

and that is EP 7.0 and there is no term called CE 7.0

previous version is enterprise portal 7.0 and you are talking about composite environment 7.1

Thanks and regards

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, for the moment, if I want to work with CE 7.1 EHP1 in combination with DI, I need to have NWDI 7.0 installed on a separate NW server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yes, you have to configure NWDI with EP 7.0 and connect that with CE 7.1

Regards

Manohar

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i wish there is NWDI in CE 7.1 , but as of now there is no such option available ,

and we have to configure the DI in EP 7.0 and then connect to CE 7.1

as about BPM , i guess there is business process in CE 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding the release of NetWeaver BPM SAP starts the ramp-up phase this year. In 2009 there will be a release of several update and enhancement packages as well as in 2010.

refer the following link for the further information

http://www.arisblog.com/2008/05/26/review-sapphire08-a-new-star-is-born-in-the-bpm-galaxy/

and regarding NWDI i think that it is a heavy weight component and CE is a light weight component so it still requires some enhanced releases..

and there are CRDelta files for SP12 but not for EHP1..

Thanks and regards

Manohar