Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it Advicable to modify standard message class?

former_member184119
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need a small confirmation.Is modifying standard message class is having any restrictions?

Currently in SE91 message class number 002 i need to modify text .Is it ok to directly do and transport or need to take any extra precautions?

Regards

sas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you need to modify, can't you use a message in the customer range? What is the message class?

In general modifying a message text is much less critical than program code, of course. Check the where-used list, what makes sense in one context might not make sense in another.

Thomas

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is not good to modify the message of standard class..

it is better to add new message..instead of modifying..

Regards,

Prabhudas

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you need to modify, can't you use a message in the customer range? What is the message class?

In general modifying a message text is much less critical than program code, of course. Check the where-used list, what makes sense in one context might not make sense in another.

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Actually message class name: HRTIMOOREC.

In that one message always shows what ever leave action is it shows as 'Number of days leave 5. Apply sick leave for HR'.

Requirement is just to remove 'Apply Sick Leave for HR'.

so that it wont confuse the clients who are applying for some other leaves..so request is to just modify

that number 001.

So in general need to modify SAP programs we required Access keys here its not required i guess...

Now Thomas is there any things need to taken care or general Message class how we do the same and Transfer? Thanks

Regards

sas

0 Kudos

hi,

if it is client requirement and messages are similar and meaning is same you can go ahead and do it.

Prabhu

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if any message with 4 &s is there.

In general, a generic message will be there in every message class.(Usually msg number 000 or 999 Not necessarily exact)

say if you have a msg & & & &, then in you abap , you can write something like this:

message e999(HRTIMOOREC) with 'your text1' 'text2' 'text3 'text4 ggkgjxgZJBxj'.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Please check my question once .....i am asking that message class is triggered by Standard code....so i am not changing that code ravi, i am just chaging that SENTENCE OF THAT message...

so ....

Regards

sas

0 Kudos

Hi sas,

I don't have this class in "my" ECC 6.0 system, but your change doesn't sound critical, as you're not changing any & placeholders. Put the change in a document for reference during the next upgrade (as it might get overwritten) and just do it (no access key required).

Thomas

0 Kudos

Just check with HRTIM* hope as this standard one every one should have....any way Thomas thanks alot

Regards

sas