cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PP/DS PPM Error -You cannot use unit for bucket consumption of resource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I'm trying to create PP/DS PPM manually and I'm getting the error "You cannot use unit for bucket consumption of resouce".

My requirement is SNP PPM for planning. Without creating the PP/DS PPM I cannot create SNP PPM. If i try to create SNP PPM directly it say there is no PP/DS link.

I would really appreciate if anyone of you provide me the solution.

Regards

KRN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KRN,

Assuming that this is the only error you are facing, pls follow the below instructions to get rid of the error:

1. Enter the PPDS PPM in change mode

2. Enter the Operation for which the error is coming

3. Double click on the activity for the above operation

4. CLick the mode tab

5. Double click on the resource inside

6. Maintain the UoM and variable Bucket consumption values in the fields provided.

7. Activate the PPM

It should work this way. Please revert if it doesnt.

Once it is activated, you can convert the PPDS PPM into SNP PPMs using the standard Tcode /n/sapapo/ppm_conv

You can also create SNP PPMs directly w/o having to generate it from the PPDS PPMs. The error "NO PPDS Link exists" is just a warning and you can choose to ignore if you want to do Planning only in SNP.

Regards,

Binod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KRN,

Please follow the steps.

1) Goto transaction /sapapo/scc03

2) Provide suitable name for your SNP plan

3) Select "use of plan" as "S"

4) Keep the radio buttom on "All Plans"

5) Click on create button

6) It will take you to the PPM generation screen

7) Provide a suitable description for the Plan

😎 Maintain the various operations and double click on the operations

9) Maintain the various activities, activity description, activity type etc.,

10) double click on activity

11) Maintain the various input and output components, input/output indicator, consumption type, fixed/variable consumption etc.,

12) Maintain the various modes, resources, location, uom, fixed duration, etc., wherever applicable

13) Once all details are maintained, press Ctrl + F2 so that it will check the plan for any missing values. If you get any missing values, maintain it

14) Finally save and activate the PPM

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KRN,

For testing purposes, you can directly create a SNP PPM. Please maintain the relevant operation and activity of the components alongwith mode in the SNP PPM so that the error message "no PP/DS link" will turn into information message. If you are still facing problem, if there is bom exists in R/3 and if you have integration models active, run the CIf so that PPDS PPM will get generated automatically.

Regards,

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I really appreciate for your answer. In our business we are using PDS. We have some requirements where we need PPM's which are exclusively create in APO for SNP planning.

For example I have to create PPM for finished component 'F1', F1 is produced by using C1. Now help me in defining the PPM manually. Also what actual settings I have to do in resource. I need to know about the setting operations, under operations the mode and components. In components the output and input components. with the above example. Output is F1 and the input component is C1. Please help me in setting the PPM.

Ciffing BOM and routing stuff already I have worked on that and I don't have any issues. But for now our business requirement requires PPM to be manually created for SNP planning.

Regards

KRN