cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design to Report on 2 conflicting Objects in the Same InfoCube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please I have a problem with developing a suitable data model that can give me my desired data out.

This is my scenario:

Sales Data Line:

Company Code: Country: Country of Final Destination: Amount

001 GB GB 100

001 GB FR 100

001 GB FR 100

002 CH FR 100

002 CH CH 100

002 CH GB 100

Legend:

GB (Britain)

FR(France)

CH(China)

There are 2 views to this data set. The Country view (Sender) and the Country of Final Destination (Receiver).

Sender view for GB sales is = 300

Reciever view for GB sales is = 200.

Question:

How can I in one query report 300 and 200 at the same time. I am also interested in the difference of 100.

So I want to see the Sender View and the Receiver View in the same query?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved the problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

Thanks for your help and tips, I have solved the problem using authorisation.

I concactinated Company code and COD in the authorisation Schema and it worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

Thanks for you response. One additional issue I failed to mention is that we have authorisation on country.

So when ever country is selected it overrides the results for the COD.

So a GB user will log in and will be locked to see only GB country figures only. Meaning on 300.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koffi,

I think this is not going to work anyway as long as the authorization holds back from viewing results by COD, coz for this record the Country may not be the one authorized for the users.

I am pretty sure, that this would be possible in any reporting, viz ABAP also, as long as authorization on country holds good.

Naveen.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koffi,

If I am not wrong then the output you are looking for is a below.

Country| Sender Sales| Receiver of sale | Diff

GB | 300 | 200 | 100.

For this, if the user inputs the country name, then I think it should be feasible.

Create 2 restricted key figures or selection, with Amount key figure in both of them, but with a country char variable in 1 RKF and Char var on Destination country in 2nd RKF.

The first variable works on a user input and if the country and country of destination are of same reference, then same variable can be used in 2nd RKF. If it is not the case, then create 2nd variable on Destination country, with replacement path, that should be filled from variable 1(user input).

This should work, provided we expect a user input country value.

Naveen.A