cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pust and pest transaction...how to use them?

former_member384574
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

I need to use pust and pest transaction but when I execute pust transaction It doesn't work.... can anybody give me the necessary steps I've to follow?

Thanks a lot

Regards,

Rebeca

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rebeca,

PEST is for creating your process model or for viewing the process model. The process module is used for defining various steps under one process which will get trigger through a program when it uses that process model to execute. So in nutshell when we want 2 or more programs run in predeifned steps and neither should be skipped we use either standard process model or can create copying the existing one and assigning any of our custom programs which are not included in the standard one thru PEST.

PUST is for monitoring and tracking of the process which gets triggered thru a program.

for eg. if you go in transaction PUOCBA it asks for the process model it should use to complete the run for that program. Once u will enter the input parameters and relevant process model, it will create a process and will execute various steps defined in that process model and will create a job for each step (program).

Hope this helps.

guds

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca

At a high level you can check out the standard process models using transaction PEST.

The original reason for building process models was to prevent users from skipping steps in follow processing for off cycle payrolls.

Process models also have a transaction code for tracking processing, PUST. This allows the user to see the successful and unsuccessful employees in each step of the process. It is possible to rerun selected portions of the process for only those employees that were originally unsuccessful or to add employees back into processing. The purpose of this functionality was to allow large customers to only reprocess selected groups without having to perform multiple runs for all employees and to give an end user view to processing.

Hope this helps.