cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow u2013 some tasks are u201Cunlaunchedu201D

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Workflow configured to start immediately for actions Import, Add and Update. Some records canu2019t start automatically for any reason. For this cases, an u201Cunlaunchedu201D task is created and several records is added to this task (some records u201Ccheckoutedu201D, others no). In my process, each record has a unique task.

Why these few tasks not start automatically? When I kill the task and re-start manually, the workflow works well.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For automatically launching a workflow, you need to mention the Workflow Name in the Configuration options of the Import Map you are using to Import and Update the Master Data.

Please follow the steps in case you have not done it:

1. Open Import Manager and open your Import Map.

2) Go to Configuration Options and From Checkout/Workflow option Select " Workflow Name". ( Please note that apart from the Trigger options, the Workflow also needs to be Active in Data Manager). Check these settings as well.

3) Save the Map.

4) Try importing some records through the same Map. It should launch the Workflow Automatically.

Hope this info helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are modifying or importing several records at the same time then all the records would be the part of one workflow task only and there could be some records because of which workflow cannot be launched hence it is showing Unlaunched task. Check the records for consistency first.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Each record is modified separately, then, as the Workflow should starts automatically, I shouldnu2019t have more than one record in a Job. For the Jobs that started correctly, I have only one record for each Job.

I donu2019t understand why the Unlaunched Job is created for some records (this occurs on time for day for about 10 records. I have about 100 process a day). There are no differences between records that work well and records in the Unlaunched Job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check for other workflows and check whether they have been scheduled. Set Active = No for the workflows not in use. I think this should solve your problem

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly update us on your issue.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja