SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload prgram to read leagacy extract file and convert it in Binary format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

Could anyone please provide me upload program to read the leagacy extract file and convert it in Binary format.

Help is appreaciated.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using ISU Migration Workbench tool to upload legacy data into SAP, then no need to convert legacy data into Binary format. ISU Migration Workbench (EMIGALL) internally converts legacy data as per required format and uploads it into SAP. Its all depends upon tool that you are using. If you elaborate your requirement then it will help me to resolve your query.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Try Fm C13Z_FILE_UPLOAD_BINARY.

Regards,

Sumedha

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using ISU Migration Workbench tool to upload legacy data into SAP, then no need to convert legacy data into Binary format. ISU Migration Workbench (EMIGALL) internally converts legacy data as per required format and uploads it into SAP. Its all depends upon tool that you are using. If you elaborate your requirement then it will help me to resolve your query.

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using ISU workbench to upload legacy data in IS U.

We are getting a file from legacy lets say for Contract Account. We are getting the file in 1 row without structures. I need to write a ABAP code to read that file and add the header, end and data records , Structure wise. And then convert this file to binary, as this is the how EMIGALL reads the file i presume.

Please suggest any other way if any upload legacy data in EMIGALL.

Regards,

0 Kudos

The one you are following the process for Data Migration is not advisable. For Data Migration I guess you have shared Mapping sheet (which contains details about fields with required logic from SAP and from Legacy point of view, possible configurable values, default values etc) and layout format (i.e. flat file format required for EMIGALL).

For EMIGALL layout format, please select your object and follow menu option i.e. Utilities --> Structure Display --> Display Customer Display and click on 'Import File Layout' button. There you will see the required EMIGALL format for legacy flat file. The legacy flat file should always be in tab deliminated format. Once you recieve flat file from legacy system (as per EMIGALL layout format) then follow below steps :

1. Select your object and click on 'Data Import' button

2. Select menu option Utilities --> Convert Migration File

3. Select file location i.e. application/workstation

4. Provide path for flat file (from application/workstation)

5. Execute the transaction, it will convert received flat file into EMIGALL format.

6. Upload this converted data into SAP.

Hope these steps helps you to resolve your query, if you have any query pls let me know

Shailesh

0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

Thanks for the elaborate response. That was my preferred way of doing as well but i guess our extraction team is using extraction programs which gives the output in the way i mentioned. So i am left with no other choice but to write a code and convert the file.

Regards,

0 Kudos

It's possible from Legacy side to prepare flat file as per required EMIGALL format. Only thing you have to put your views/suggestions strongly. I dont think much effort involved from legacy side to prepare flat file as per EMIGALL format. All the structure names, &ENDE etc are fixed values, so they need to hardcode these while preparing flat files. Once they prepared it for one object, they will follow the same procedure for other objects. Otherwise its very difficult to convert all flat files received from legacy team through ABAP code.

0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

Thanks for your input. I will try to convince others.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh / techies,

I would like to convert the Tab delimted file into Binary file that is compatible with Emigall. But not using SAP / Emigall..

We will have to do it using ETL tool.. any guidelines would be very much helpful. Thanks!