cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing a Standard Message from warning to Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Forum Members,

I have a requirement to issue the standard message "Target quantity for item &1 not equal on Basic Data and Distribution tabs" as an Error message. This message is 027 of message class /SAPSRM/PDO_CTR.

I first tried with the customizing and added the message in table BBPV_PDMSG with 'IEW' Allowed and Standard 'W' (because it is by standard displayed as a warning). Then in table BBPV_PDMSG_CUS i have maintained this entry as Type E Standard W (which was already there).

Unfortunately this customizing settings are not taken into consideration. In this case should we use BBP_DOC_CHECK BADI to change this standard message from Warning to Error?

Thank you in advance,

Asli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

You are probably right because I am checking on SRM 7.0. Even on this case do you have a suggestion for the implementation?

Thank you once again,

Asli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Not all the messages could be influenced through message control. So in that case implementing DOC_CHECK_BADI should be the right choice.

open an oss message to get final confirmation from SAP.

Cheers

Iftekhar Alam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much to all of you. I was about to open an OSS for this (to be able to influence by customizing) because we were not successful to influence at a first glance by DOC_CHECK Badi as well(the standard message).

Then I have found a very new Note 1312678 - Incorrect message handling in PD for SRM 7.0 however it did not help so we have opened an OSS.

I will post the result afterwards.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Asli

I could not see this message class /SAPSRM/PDO_CTR from se91.

i tried to influence this message via influence message for contract business object but i could retrieve your message class.

i searched in t100 table too. not found your message. i searched ins rm 5.0 ? what version are you in?

regards

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishanth,

Thank you for the reply. We have always used BBP_DOC_CHECK BADI for custom messages not to change the type of a standard message from warning to error. Do you have any suggestions and/or example of code implementation for this purposes?

Otherwise do we need to create a custom copy of this standard message?

Thank you again.

former_member195032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaja,

You can use where used for this message and see why this is not being called in Program.If this is not called ,this is standard bug and you can always report this to SAP via customer message.

As suggested by you,DOC Check BADI is always useful to show the message so you can use that route as well to achieve result.

Regards,Nishant