Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU Number as material serial number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expers,

I have to meet (if possible) a specific business requirement, i.e.:

To place materials with SN returned to Warehoues into Storage bins where it can be identified somehow by SN. Theoretically there can be two ideas/solutions:

a) use dynamic storage bins

b) use dynamic storage units numbers i.e. for each material receipt assign storage unit = Serial Number.

I have made an inwestigation and:

a) dynamic storage bins are dedicated only for interim storage types. Is it possible to use dynamic storage bis for "NON-INTERIM" storage types?

b) In my WM system I use SUMngmnt and HUMngmt. The SU Numbers conversion is set to '1 - Only lenght conversion'.

Is it possible to use the option '3 - Customer-specific user exit' to meet my requirement? How the change of this option can influence other related areas? Where could I find the exit, that is used to SU number conversion?

I will be grateful for any ideas.

Regards,

Wojciech

Regards,

Wojciech

Edited by: Wojciech Zalech on Apr 27, 2009 9:41 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhijit_sadhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

You can try to use the field requirement no in creating a TO

So the process could be:

1) Receive the item in stock , your mvt. type definition should have a new storage type for receiving these materials ( return scenario) say 992 and then you can create 1 bin say Returns in this storage type. in the source have 992 and test and the destination have which ever storage type you want to see this stock in say RET, and have the dynamic bin indication checked.

2) Define a new requirement for serial nos. so that you can create new bin (dynamic way). This is done in activities>transfers>define new requirement type. You can create a new type as Z

3) Then in your mvt. type use this new indicator as the the requirement type.

4) You can then putaway the SU by LT07 , use your mvt. type and then the requirement no. as Z and the next space enter the serial no. that you want the bin to be created.

5) You should be able to create the TO based on these data .

6) however, the only bad part is that you will have to create the Bins = serial nos. prior to creating this TO.

7) Your new bin will now reflect the serial no.

Hope this helps.

But im guessing that there should be a better way of doing this.

Thanks,