cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing a Calendar in wdj-com/sap/i18n/timezone/SAPTimeZone -errorMSG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i am woking in CE 7.11 EHP 1 version and imported the calendar web dynpro component from the below mentioned library link

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e012e6a2-8d21-2a10-1bb8-d9b606f3474c]

After importing the component and i was able to deploy and run the application.

but the problem is i am unable to see the View layout ie in the web dynpro explorer whenever i click on the view , i am getting an error message :

An error has occurred. See error log for more details.

com/sap/i18n/timezone/SAPTimeZone.

i am able to open the java editor for the view and modify the code but when i open the view editor , i an getting the above error.

please suggest me on this.

Thanks and Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open an OSS message on BC-DWB-WD-JAV.

Armin

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

Thanks for your response.i solved that issue temporarily by changing the attribute type.

if the attribute is of type "core data type : DateTime" , and if i bound this attribute to start property of CalendaDayView UI element, i was not able to open the view editor.so every time i changed the attribute type to some other value like "String" etc to open the view editor(did the node mapping between view and component controller to change the type of the attribute).

second problem:

i have created entries completely for the entire day(single entry for single time slot say 30 mins ).

if i create a new entry in a time slot (where a entry is already exists), the time slot is divided into two halves to display two entries for that single time slot.till this it is fine, but entries which are present above or below this time slot are also behaving in the same way. i mean to say, the time slot is divided into two havles where in the first half entry is getting displayed and the other half is left empty and this happens only to those time slot which are above or below the time slot which holds two entries.

hope to get a reply for my question.

Thanks and Regards

Fazal Ahamed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

after a few steps when making this tutorial [Implementing a Calendar in Web Dynpro Java|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e012e6a2-8d21-2a10-1bb8-d9b606f3474c] I got a the same error.

I just created an OSS Message. Will see.

Regards

Edited by: Martin B. on Feb 4, 2010 11:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just for information: This error is caused by a reuse of runtime code inside the view designer (to achieve real WYSIWYG) and a new dependency that has not yet be satisfied inside the IDE (which was a bug and has been fixed in the meantime).

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, there is a pretty new SAP Note 1439961

Quote:

These data types are only available for the SAP internal byDesign applications and must not be used for standard Web Dynpro Applications that are build with the NetWeaver Developer Studio.

The functionality is officially supported for standard Web Dynpro Applicaions with NetWeaver 7.20 and following. Please upgrade or avoid usage within 7.11.

If none of the other proposals is applicable, these data types can be used by doing dynamic programming within your Web Dynpro component i.e. doing the context binding of such types in the wdDoInit()- method at runtime.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like a lame excuse for not fixing the bug in 7.11.

Armin

Answers (0)