cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returnable Packing - Sales order maintainance / Item Category determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I have question about returnable packing regarding sales order entry and item category determination

1) Sales order : Should we do entry of returnable packing in Sales Order as a regular item

Example : The material M1 - 100unites needs returnable packing materials PK1 5 unites.

Therefore in sales order it should be entered as below

M1 - 100unites

PK1 - 5unites

Please commnet.

2) Item category determination should be done at sales document level

Sales document type + Item category group (LEIH) + Usage (PACK) + Higher lever item Cat (???) = TAL

Please commnet.

Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes Ashish you need to enter the returnable as a separate item in the sales order

For qn no 2 the item categories of higher levelitems can be TAN and TAX

Sales document type + Item category group (LEIH) + Usage (PACK) + Higher lever item Cat (blank) =TAL

Sales document type + Item category group (LEIH) + Usage (PACK) + Higher lever item Cat (TAN) =TAL

Sales document type + Item category group (LEIH) + Usage (PACK) + Higher lever item Cat (TAX)=TAL

Note returnable packing items are creates as a separate materials with material type as LEIH and item category group as LEIH

How to bring back the returnable packaging stocks to your plant

Creating a Returnable Packaging Pick-Up

Create a sales order using order type LA /AT.

Enter the required data on the customer, the returnable packaging, and the plant to which the materials are to be returned.

Enter all other relevant data and save the order.

Create a returns delivery for the sales order when the materials reach your company.

The system proposes delivery type LR automatically. The transaction is completed by the goods receipt posting which initiates a transfer posting from the customer's special stock to your plant stock.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

You are great and very helpful person.

Thank you very very much.

I understood your explaination very well except one point - To maintain Material Type of returnable packing material in MMR.

Question 1-

- If I use T-code MM01 -> selcet the material type Returnable Packing. This is Ok.

- If I use T-code MMV1 (packing material) -> how system identify material type either packing material (VERP) or returnable packing material (LEIH)? Where should I enter the material type LEIH (Returnable packing) in MMR?

Question 2 Could you please explain the difference among following terms?

- General item category group - in tab Basic data 1

- Item category group - in tab Sale Org 2

I have maintained LEIH for returnble packing material and VERP for nonreturnable / Billing for packing material.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Ashish

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Packaging materials Material type is VERP and item category group is also VERP

Returnable packaging materials Material type is LEIH and item category group is also LEIH

MMV1 is the t code for creating package material of material type VERP normal or standard package material

MMG1 is the t code for creating returnable package material of material type LEIH returnable package material

This is hard coded you will not get material type while doing this as the material type is pre defined for these t codes

These are easy access t codes

Your qn how to find the materal type of an material in MM02 or MM03

In the basic data 1 tab there will be blue colour I information icon and click that which will tell you what is the material type the particular material belongs to

The same you technique you can use in MMV1 and MMG1 for finding the material type

The item cat group and the general item category group has been discussed N no of times

We should be concerened about only item category group not the general from SD point of view

Please make a search in this forum for more inputs

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raja,

You have solved all my problems.

You must be best consultant and are fantastic trainer.

Regards,

Ashish

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ashish

Thanks for your complements but i dont deserve that much because many of your posts are on basic configurations only

Looking forward for more challenging issues from you

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raja,

As you know I am learner.

By God grace, i will get change to enter in SAP field, we will have opportunity to discuss about more challanges.

I always welcome your guidance.

I am preparring myself for certification exam.

Regards,

Ashish

Answers (0)