Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Net Value in a Return order showing up zero value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a requirement in return order.

Here is the description of the issue:

1.A normal sales cycle has been run, and a line item of this sales order is returned and a credit memo is also issued.

2.We dont have the return delivery process and create only a return order and directly a credit memo.

3.Some time later, for another requirement, the schedule line of that particular line item in the return order is deleted and a new schedule line is created.(Schedule line here is DN)

4.This is where the problem is... When the schedule line is deleted, the net value of the line item becomes zero in the conditions tab.(This is due to quantity being zero)

5. But, When a new schedule line is created again,with order quantities and confirmed quantities, the net value of the line item is not showing up again. It still shows zero.

6. The line item still has the condition rate, but the condition value shows zero, which results in the net value showing up zero value.

7. Due to this, the return order cannot be completed and my client has an issue with this.

Hope the above narration makes sense.. Could anyone of you come up with a remedy for this??

Good rating points will be given...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
We dont have the return delivery process and 
  create only a return order and directly a credit memo.

.This is where the problem is... When the schedule line is deleted, 
    the net value of the line item becomes zero

As you would be aware for any line item in sale order, if there is a subsequent document, you cannot delete that line item. If you are able to delete the line item, then I presume that credit memo would not have been generated for that line item. Nevertheless, you can check the copy control VTFA for your return order type and credit note type whether in line with standard, you have maintained the values.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

When i delete the schedule line of that particular line item, the system issues only a warning message and not an error message.

Whether this is being customised (or) in standard, the system should throw an error message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Lakshmipathi,

Since the schedule line is not relevant for delivery, (our process doesn't have a return delivery),the system is allowing to delete the schedule line even if it has a subsequent document credit memo.

No Return delivery document is created for this return order. That is the reason i think the system is allowing to delete the schedule line.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No issues... Resolved