Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR_MAINTAIN_MASTERDATA in standard service not able to lock employee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am using PZ13 transaction to update personal information. This seems like some magic. I was able to save changes earliar. but not when i use any of ESS service Address pz02, bank etc. It is not able to lock employees.

Error is: EPG 184 Employee/applicant is not locked yet

I am able to change master data from PA30 screens.

Is there any customizing or pre-requisite for locking employee data.

Thanks for your time,

regards,

Sudhir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Did you check for SM12 for any lock entries? As far as I know, there is no pre-req.. the error means he previous lock was not released & hence the employee could not be locked in the current service call.. You cna alos check if any previous R/3 or ITS sessions are still open in SM04.

Regards,

Suresh Datti

8 REPLIES 8

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Did you check for SM12 for any lock entries? As far as I know, there is no pre-req.. the error means he previous lock was not released & hence the employee could not be locked in the current service call.. You cna alos check if any previous R/3 or ITS sessions are still open in SM04.

Regards,

Suresh Datti

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

i have checked that, unfortunately this is not happening with PA30. So i am not able to comprehend this.

There is no other session open for the same. This is more surprising that these changes were able to save without any problem few days before. If there is any central user locking settings??

regards,

Sudhir

0 Kudos

when user goes in chnage mode for any ESS service there are two locks created,for example

PLOGI 80001CP50010923

PREL 80000000007##############################

but when i save the data it gives mes error message

"Employee/applicant is not locked yet"

Any clue.

0 Kudos

Does the change mode open another browser window? which in effect means another session... & hence the lock issue..

Regards,

Suresh Datti

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

There is absolutely no seperate session.. to my surprise i am able to open pa30 with same employee.

I guess there is somethign wrong for employee locking.

I am allowed to create same infotype for one employee at the same time from two different PA30 session.

Is there any central place for locking of objects??

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sudhir,

1. Whenever we use FM for updating employee,

2. the pre-requisite is that

3. we have to explicitly LOCK that pernr,

using ENQUe FM.

4. Only after that, your FM will go ahead.

5. Hence, it is appropriately giving

the correct error message.

6. the FM for enque / dequeue is

HR_EMPLOYEE_ENQUEUE

HR_EMPLOYEE_DEQUEUE

regards,

amit m.

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I completely agree with you, But here this is happening is a Standard service, which was workign fine, also as i have mentioned even PA30 is not able to lock employee. Do you see any possible reason which might have caused this.

Thanks and regards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing old messages, not relevant now.