Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly explain me what is the procedure of deletion of roles in SAP authorization? And if i delete any single roles it will also delete the master role?

Kindly explain in a detailed manner.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pavithra,

1. Kindly explain me what is the procedure of deletion of roles in SAP authorization?

For the deletion of the role simle go to transaction PFCG, type the role to be deleted and press delete button on the Menu. this will delete the role.

In doing this, please be sure wheteher you want to delete this role from the current client only or from other clients in the landscape too. If the former is the case, then you are done. If the case is latter, you would have to create a transport request before the role deletion and transport the request to other clients as well, to make the similar changes in the respective clients.

2. And if i delete any single roles it will also delete the master role?

No, deletion of of single role does not delete either the Master role (in case you mean Master role to be the role from which you are deriving other single roles) or the composite role (in case you mean Master role to be a composite role).

Also, you can test the same in one of your test systems to explore the other possibilities which you have while deleting the roles, which you can get through sysntem pop-ups and information buttons.

Regards,

Hersh.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pavithra,

1. Kindly explain me what is the procedure of deletion of roles in SAP authorization?

For the deletion of the role simle go to transaction PFCG, type the role to be deleted and press delete button on the Menu. this will delete the role.

In doing this, please be sure wheteher you want to delete this role from the current client only or from other clients in the landscape too. If the former is the case, then you are done. If the case is latter, you would have to create a transport request before the role deletion and transport the request to other clients as well, to make the similar changes in the respective clients.

2. And if i delete any single roles it will also delete the master role?

No, deletion of of single role does not delete either the Master role (in case you mean Master role to be the role from which you are deriving other single roles) or the composite role (in case you mean Master role to be a composite role).

Also, you can test the same in one of your test systems to explore the other possibilities which you have while deleting the roles, which you can get through sysntem pop-ups and information buttons.

Regards,

Hersh.