cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GP-Translation .. who came up with this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I need to translate a couple of process titles and block titles from German to French. When I edit the Basic Texts it says I need to translate every single structure text as well - also, Property-Texts for Blocks and Actions.

Now this wouldnt be a problem if there weren't more than 300 rows "Englisch (Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika)" just for a single sequential block (????) and I have to copy paste every single one of them .. you cant be serious! There are 20 rows for the callable objects and 20 for every action, with 28 steps these are 1120 rows which I have to edit through the design tool which contain basically the same text? And when I want to do an italian translation I have to fill in another 1120??

Is there any workaround for this? Or can I just turn off the validation somewhere?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hey Stefan,

I don't have a solution, just an idea:

translation uses one default XLF-File per cryptic folder and will create one per language (which can get lost after import if lower than SP16 [https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1138685] ). You can process these somehow eg. try changing translate="yes" to translate"no", import into a dummy portal to try if the SAP-tool notices and onyl shows the fileds you like to translate or copy them (changing the language and file-name).

Please let me know if that helps/works

Regards,

Manuel

Answers (0)