cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

billing doc generation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i am trying to create a billing doc from SO but i get a message 'Incorrect' in processing status.

i have checked that this SO has not yet billed but the system assumes that it is totally billed.

This is very strange.

could anyone help me out on this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry, i was a bit confused. according to the settings the billing document is to be created from outbound delivery and when i try to do this it says processed, when i see the log it says it has been completly processed where as when i see the SO or outbound delivery document flow there is not invoice and even the status on outbpund delivery says it is not billed.

all the configuration is correct since i was able to bill a similar outbound delivery.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
outbound delivery document flow there is not invoice 
  and even the status on outbpund delivery says
    it is not billed.

since i was able to bill a similar 
    outbound delivery

If the item category in the above cases is different, then please compare the same in VOV7 for that item category what you have maintained for the field "Completion Rule".

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls check the Completion rule for your intem category.

This field presents in VOV7 T.Code.

Goto VOV7.Select your item category.Goto details.

Maintain the value "B" for the field"Completion rule" under business data tab.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa Praveen,

There are three cases:

1. Invoice creation on the basis of a sales order (order related billing)

2. Invoice creation on the basis of a delivery document (delivery related billing)

3. Invoice creation directly with reference ot the contract (order related billing)

When you are creating the invoice with reference to the sales order, you are getting the message as incorrect. On the same screen, in the Menu bar click on Edit & then click on Log. The system will display the exact message why the invoice is not getting created.

Also the invoice is created with reference to the sales order in the following cases:

1. Credit Memo creation on the basis of the Credit Memo Request.

2. Debit Memo creation on the basis of the Debit Memo Request.

3. Credit Memo creation on the basis of the Return Sales Order.

4. Credit/Debit Memo creation on the basis of the Invoice Correction Request.

In transaction code VA02 - enter the sales order number - in the sales screen check whether there is any billing block. If there is any billing block remove the block manually & then try creating the invoice.

Please check the above & give your feedback.

With best regards,

Allabaqsh Patil

(Idhasoft Ltd.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shilpa,

When you get this error Incorrect, goto EDIT --> Log.

You will get to know wht is the error about. Becoz there are lot many causes you might get this error.

Let me know the detials from the log, i can help you out.

Best Regards,

Chaithrodaya Sukruth A.K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether SO is a order related billing or delivery related billing with billing type

If it is order related billing,check schedule is confimed or not.If it is confirmed,Create billing on confirmed

date

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa

Go to VA02 and Check the item category first and then go to VOV7 and check the billing relevance. Now check the document flow from VA02 only.Also check wheather the item category is available in VTFL or not there.

Regards

Srinath