cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRTs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have some equipment like Multimeter, vernier calliper,height gauge.My question is what equipment category should i select for the same ? is it will come under PRTs or any thing else ?

is they required functional location ?

PRTs is part of PM or PP ?

Please explain in detail

AR

Edited by: Amit Rana on Apr 27, 2009 12:23 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

they can be treated as Test equipment for which reference category will be PRT ,you can also use them as PRT but for better understanding make it as Test equipment .

For PRT or Test equipment Funtional location is not necessary

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna,

Our problem is some time we sent our PRTs equipment to Vendors for maintenance & replace with new one can you tell me how can you do the tracking for the same if I will not maintain functional location ?

AR

former_member1256457
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can go with the Subcontracting scenario or you can use serial number management but not sure with replacement.

Rip

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

if you have maintained the FL also ,it is not possible to track the PRT which have been processed outside.you can only capture the usage time .

Another way is creating the maintenance order for the equipment and use PM03 control key ,then use the returnable gate pass

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for your information,

May i know how it is link with PP.

Because in PP they have created a PRTs a welding machine through Tcode CF01 can you tell me how we can link this wth maintenance.

AR

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

if you want to link the PRT with PM and PP then you have to create the PRT as equipment ,i think you have created as misc .kindly create the PRT as equipment and assign the measuring point and maintenace plan in the master data then use the same in the production order ,on confirmation you can create the measurement document automatically and do the maintenance processing

regards

thyagarajan

P745394
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PRT is the Tools which helps in Production of Product , tools that Doesn't get Converted to Finished Product.

Usually this Vernier Caliper , Screw guage are used to check finished Product , so u can consider this tools as PRT.

Repair of this by External agency can be processed through Maint Order By changing Control key to "PM03".

If you want to replace PRT , just Scrap the old one by Movement type through stores or you can sell it through Sales Order.

New One You need to create New Equipment & install in Correspoending location.

In PP , PRT are used in Routing so that production can be carried.

calibration of PRT can be done through PM & QM Maintenance plan.

you Can use fuction location is you want show representation of Complex structure.

Regards,

Answers (0)