cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fetch the RFID data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How to fetch the RFID datas from SAP AutoId? Where we should have the device or controller from SAP front?

Thanks & Regards

Sara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

The SAP RFID landscape is very easy to understand.

RFID Tags -- RFID Readers -- RFID Device Controller -- SAP AII -- Backend

Tags will have information stored on them

Readers will read the information

RFID Devince Controller will have Device middleware which will handle tag physics and send filtered data to SAP AII

SAP AII will run buiness rules on RFID data and associate RFID data to business transactions.

This data will go to backend.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

1. We should have RFID Tags, RFID Readers, RFID Device Controller from RFID side. Here what all physical objects?

2. How to do the connection between RFID Device Controller and SAP AutoID?

Just ip configuration in RFID Device Controller and SAP AutoID or how it will be done.

Please provide some links for the connection details.

Regards

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

1) In the RFID side RFID Tags, RFID Readers, RFID Device Controller are all physical objects. Device Controller is a mahine with Device Middleware installed on it.

2) Connection between Device Controller and SAP AII is an RFC Connection from SAP AII Side. SAP AII then exposes a URL link to which using HTTP Post method Messages from Device Controller are pasted to SAP AII. AII supports two protocols ALE amd PML. Both are XML based messaging format.

So this is how connection is done. Get back to me if you want more details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

The SAP AutoID server is placed in Chicago and RFID Device Controller is placed in India. Is it possible to do the scenarios in this case.

Regards

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

Absolutely possible. Given that your network infrastructure supports the connection/secure connection between the Device Controller and the Auto ID Installation machine, this is very much possible. And in RFID scenario your scenario is very much the case.

However i doubt the speed/bandwidth that will be supported from transfer of event messages/rfid messages from India to USA. It can eat up the system's performance with respect to network bandwidth available.

Please revert for any other inputs that might be needed.

Thnks and Regards,

Yogesh Bhatia

Former Member
0 Kudos

What all SAP installation needs to be done to work on RFID data.

The Scenario is : RFID -> SAP AutoId -> XI -> R/3 System.

To do the above scenario. We have to install SAP AutoId , XI and ECC. Is it enough or we have to do anything extra?

Regards

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

To run the scenario you have described,

you need these installations:

1) Device Middlware

2) SAP Netweaver + SAP Auto ID

3) SAP XI (again on Netweaver)

4) SAP R/3

These are the installations required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

RFID is specific to platform or we can fetch the data from any platform(ORACLE, Java and SAP etc.,)?

Regards

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

Of course RFID is technology independent. But can you be more clear on your question here? Meaning what part of data or what data residing in whatever application (SAP or Oracle) are you talking about?

If you are talking about purely RFID data then that data will surely be generic and platform independent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are implementing RFID project from different platform.

ORACLE people already implemented it. Actually we have RFID Tags and Readers. ORACLE people said that we don't have RFID Device Controller. They have created a client using .net to fetch the data from RFID Readers..That client will react as an interface for them..In SAP how I hv to implement it?

I have got a info from you that we should have RFID Device Controller. From where I can get this Device Controller to proceed with my RFID -> SAP AutoId -> XI-> R/3 System.

Regards

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

You dont need a device controller necessarily to implement a RFID scenario in SAP Auto ID

There is a tool called Auto ID Test Tool IN SAP Auto ID which simiulates device controllers by sending and receiving device messages in a same manner that Device Controlle rwill do.

So your problem is solved

Answers (0)