cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO-Reset company code data before changing the chart of accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I found an error when assigning company code to chart of accounts...

Error is

"Reset company code data before changing the chart of accounts"

Message no. FC140

Please tell me how to correct this error.

Regards

Manoja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

Here steps to change the COA of a company code that was created by copying another:

1. Uncheck company code productive in "Company code global data". This can be found via SPRO -> Financial Accounting -> Financial accounting global settings -> Company Code -> Enter global parameters
  2. Reset transaction data for company code. T. Code --> OBR1. Enter the company code you want to reset the data for. Other option include resetting relevant CO data, regenerating credit limits and deleting matchcodes. Note: resetting CO data will only work at Controlling area level. It is recommended you do a test run prior to production run. This will display information on data being reset.
  3. Delete master data. T.Code --> OBR2. This transaction can be used to delete customer, vendor and GL master data. Select the GL Account box and enter the relevant GL account number/ range or leave blank to delete all GL accounts. In deletion depth, select "With general master data in company code" and enter the relevant company code.
  4. Now the COA can be changed in the company code global data. If you need to copy the GL accounts from another Company code use T. Code OBY2

I think this can be useful for you

henstanti
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Great, this saved me, thank you!

Harsha_Chande
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for the details. It helped me alot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After entering the TC OBR1 its transformed to Reset transaction data ...in this page what i want to do??

Regards

Manoja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoja,

It seems you want to change the Chart of Accounts assigned to a company code.

Once the chart of accounts is assigned to a company code and some transactions are posted, you cannot change the assignment. If at all you want to change, you then need to reset the company code data (It deletes all the transactions posted in a company code). The TCode for resetting transaction data for a company code is OBR1. Once you have deleted all the transactions, now you can assign another chart of accounts for your company code.

Be careful, Resetting the Transaction data for a company code deletes all the transactional data posted to the company code. Double check before doing it..

Hope this helps you....

Regards,

Sreekanth....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekanth

Getting the same error.....In OBR1 i cant find any delete option

Regards

Manoja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoja,

In OBR1, give your company code, flag all the checkboxes and press execute button. This will delete all the transaction data which is posted in that company code.

Now you can go and assign another chart of accounts to your company code.

Hope this helps you....

Regards,

Sreekanth....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I too got the same problem.

And i deleted all assignments and creations like fiscal year variant,field status variant,posting period variant,account groups and GL accounts.

And now i tried OBR1.I am getting one more screen variant attributes.Here i entered the variant name and description.

And wat i have to do here?

Thanks and Regards,

Deepthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you posted any transactional data in your company code

If so first of all you have to delete all the transaction data in the company code through OBR1 and then delete your GL master data and then change the Chart of accounts thorugh OBY6 .

May be this information is useful to you

If you have any doubt feel free to ask

Regards

Surya