recently, i came up with a kind of intriguing question.
1.<b>what is implementation.</b> as far as i understood, i thought when a client want to take over there legacy system with SAP, its called as a implementation.
2. also, assuming that the client is already on SAP r/3 and want to use BW as their data warehouse, then installing BW on client's server is called implemetation.(correct me if i am wrong tiil now)
OK. now my question is:
3.. say, the client has already implemented SAP r/3. now if the client decides go for a IM(inventory management) and get the reports on BW. do you call it as a implementation????(SD, MM, PP are already configures from r/3 to bw. only IM needs to be configured)
4. If the client has already got APO implemented, but now they want to get the reports done in BW, do you call a developer who works in <b>BEx</b> has did an implementation.
i dont know how far i explained properly. but if you can understand my question(s), plz answer me.
i think ..
1. yes, we can call it SAP implementation.
2. yes, BW implementation.
3. yes, still we need to transfer bc datasources, lbwe, fill setup table, replicate in bw, bc in bw, reporting in bw.
4. if you want apo reports done in bw, still we need data modeling first, activate business content cube etc (some apo use remote cube), then bex 'developer' do the reporting part, can be the same people who do the data modeling part.
hope this helps.