cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementation difference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts:

recently, i came up with a kind of intriguing question.

1.<b>what is implementation.</b> as far as i understood, i thought when a client want to take over there legacy system with SAP, its called as a implementation.

2. also, assuming that the client is already on SAP r/3 and want to use BW as their data warehouse, then installing BW on client's server is called implemetation.(correct me if i am wrong tiil now)

OK. now my question is:

3.. say, the client has already implemented SAP r/3. now if the client decides go for a IM(inventory management) and get the reports on BW. do you call it as a implementation????(SD, MM, PP are already configures from r/3 to bw. only IM needs to be configured)

4. If the client has already got APO implemented, but now they want to get the reports done in BW, do you call a developer who works in <b>BEx</b> has did an implementation.

i dont know how far i explained properly. but if you can understand my question(s), plz answer me.

Thanks

kedar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Kedar,

i think ..

1. yes, we can call it SAP implementation.

2. yes, BW implementation.

3. yes, still we need to transfer bc datasources, lbwe, fill setup table, replicate in bw, bc in bw, reporting in bw.

4. if you want apo reports done in bw, still we need data modeling first, activate business content cube etc (some apo use remote cube), then bex 'developer' do the reporting part, can be the same people who do the data modeling part.

hope this helps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kedar,

In all the above scenarios which u explained can be called an implementation becas you need to go thru all the processes right from Modelling ,BC content activation, gap analysis,customization,development,QA and moving to prod etc.Its a life cycle implementaion.

Hope this helps

-Doodle

Message was edited by: Doodle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.H.P and Doodle:

Thanks for ur replies.

and thanks for making me clear about my misconceptions.

i am really glad. i gave points to you both.

i have a final question: so no matter at which phase u are in: if u do anything from scratch(Bex, Data modeling, upgrade, IM/PP/SD/MM/APO) it will be called as implementation. as i am supposed to go thro all the phases(user reqt's, Funct Docs, Tech docs, etc...).plz let me know.

Thanks

kedar

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Kedar,

you are always welcome

Doodle has given good statement, whenever you go through the implementation lifecycle ... it's implementation, there may be 'big' or 'small' efforts in each phase.

hope it's clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks A.H.P for your feed back.

kedar