cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC upgrade from R/3 4.6C - Z program modification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all my friends,

I am now going to upgrade our system from R/3 4.6C to ECC 6.0.

currently, we have about 50 Z programs.

so, How can we know : how many Z program need to be change after upgrading ?

is there any T-Code to check, or will we do it manualy by checking each Z program ?

many thanks !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After upgrade to ECC 6.0 we cant say exactly how many programs needs to be changed...

After upgrdating to ECC version we need to check Unicode check active check box is activated or not.(on se38 tcode select attributes radio button).

Initally this checkbox is deactivate....Transaction code is UCCHECK to check the unicode checks active.

Finally we will activate the program and we need to check EPC check and code inspector also.

we need to replace obsolete statements(like ws_downlaod to gui_download)

Most of the time we will use below tcode

SPAU

SPDD

UCCHECK

Regards

Ramakrishna Pathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you my friends so much,

my current R/3 4.6C is not support unicode>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Quoc,

check your ECC system not R/3 4.6C wheather it is Unicode or non-unicode. If it is Unicode upgrade then ask your Basis person to check the Unicode flag in attributes for all the programs. If not it's recomanded by the SAP itself for futher upgrade.

Regards,

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sathish,

We will apply Unicode in ECC 6.0 too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramakrishna Pathi

How can i find obsolete statements list need to replace(like ws_downlaod to gui_download) ?

or System will raise error in this case ?

many thanks !

KK07
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

While checking with above mentined transactions like SLIN,UCCHECK..

system will automatically show the errors anyway u need to rectify them accordingly..

Cheers,

KK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Quoc,

Please refer the following link were you will get some obsolete function module replacements.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/abap/new%252bfm%252bin%252bplace%252bof%252bobsol...

In EPC check you will see an option called obsolete statements check that check box it will give you list of obsolute statement used in that program. I will tell you another way where you can see the function module is obsolete or not, say for ex: ws_upload go to tcode se37 give function module ws_upload and press didplay go to attributes in short text you will see obsolete statement.

Thanks & Regards,

Sathish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using UCCHECK transaction you can find it out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Upgrade from 4.6C to ECC6,Check wether client is implemeting the UNICODE or NON-UNICODE.

If it is UNICODE,Go to The T-CODE UCCHECK and give the program name then it will show the list of things which need to modify.

For Non-Unicode System,Please check the syntax Errors and resolve the EPC Erros like 'CALL Function' which would give dump at runtime.

Thanks,

Pradeep