cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFolders & DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to have CFolder ( for partners outside the organization) and Document Management System ( within the intranet) and both of which integrated to back end SAP R/3.

Can any one tell me

(1) What are the components to be installed ?

(C-folder is a part of Cproject suite but I am not sure for DMS what is to be installed.)

(2) Is there any front end (like SAP GUI) required to be installed for DMS ?

(I guess an internet browser is enough to upload/download/view documents in C-folder but what about DMS ?)

(3)CPU and RAM requirement for C-folder and DMS installation

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

For DMS, as its a standard part of R/3, you just need to go to Cross application components in the SAP menu and you will find it there.

For cFolders, yes its a part of cProjects suite and you need to install the CPRXRPM ABAP component for it. If you are not going for xRPM and your scope is limited to cProjects and cFolders then you can skip installing the other important component CPRXRPM JAVA.

RAM and CPU, depends on the size of its usage.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Nishit Jani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishit ,

Thanks for your reply.

1)My requirement is also to integrate the Cfolder with DMS because many documents will move to DMS form CFolders for internal use.Can I do this if I install C-Folder in a separate server other than SAP R/3?

2)I would also like to know the necessity of installing the content server and TREX.

3)50 docs. upload and 50 docs. download per hour and average doc size=500 Kb. Will it be possible to have a rough CPU and RAM estimation.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

1) Your first requirement is something for which SAP DMS and cFolders are made for. There are transactions in R/3 through which import and export of document can be achieved within cFolders and SAP DMS.

You can have different servers for SAP DMS and cFolders.

2) The Content server is something where you will be storing your documents. It depends on you business requirement. Basically its nothign but a storage location for your documents.

TREX is a search tool, which can be used both in DMS and cFolders.

3) ABout hardware the sizing guides are available on service.sap.com, you can get an estimate over them easily with that information.

Hope the answers will solve your query.

Regards,

Nishit Jani

Award Points on solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick replies.

My problem is solved.....

Thanks again....

Answers (0)