cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

I would like to have more information about the universe parameter "BOUNDARY_WEIGHT_TABLE" (in the Designer). Is it a value between 0 and 9 only?? And if it can be more than 9 what's its effect in the reports from the related universe.

Thank you for your support,

Asma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asma,

Below is the information which you will get running through the documents:-

Large tables in the From clause have to be wholly parsed even if they are filtered by a condition afterward. By setting the Boundary_Weight_Table parameter, designers can define a limit (in number of rows) to avoid this full parse. If the table size in rows is greater than the entered value, the table is declared as a subquery:

FROM (SELECT col1, col2,...., coln FROM Table_Name WHERE

simple condition)

In the statement above, only the columns necessary for the query are retrieved and the condition in the inner statement limits the number of records to parse in the outer one.

The above is self explanatory and I am not very sure what effect could it have if we give parameters outside the range but I should expect it not to accept the value outside the range.

Cheers.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Panan,

Thanks for the reply, i saw this definition in the Designer help but when i try to modify the "Boundary_Weight_Table" parameter value to a value > 9 I didn't get an error!

Regards,

Asma